Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Skeleton

Default In Defense of Tune

As a completely impartial person on the Red server with one level 60 and several 52+ characters, I have to say that a lot of the complaining I read about Tune on the forums is a little over the top.

While I leveled my character, Tune was a nice guy every time I talked with him. He bought my bone chips and excellent sabertooth tiger pelts for a lot of plat that helped me build up my character, he'd sow me with his VP sword whenever we crossed paths, and even group with me and help me regen my mana quickly when he had free time.

Once I hit 52, I was fair game. I got killed by him quite a few times. He even found my secret hiding spot in Burning Woods and would check and kill me every time he passed through the zone. But hey.... IT'S A PVP SERVER! I didn't whine or flame him, I wasn't a douche about it, and you know what? He would only ever kill me once... even when he killed me right on top of my own bind point. He never coined me. Not once. He never once attacked me while I was fighting something and risked me getting an XP death from the monster.

I'm not saying he's a saint. No one on this server is... the toxicity of just witnessing /ooc chat on this server for a week will leech into your soul. Is he more ruthless against rival guilds? (ie; red dawn, azrael) Probably. Did he violate the PnP policy? Probably. Should that result in a perma ban? No way.

The ONLY things that should get a person perma banned are RMT and using 3rd party programs to gain an edge in pvp. Period.

Personally, I feel bad for the guy. He obviously invested alot of time in his character, and to have it permanently taken away by a newly introduced policy that even the GMs admit has too many gray areas and misunderstanding seems extremely uncool.

Oh, and since I know that this post will get flamed and trash talked non stop. I don't mind admitting that my main characters are Railgun and Lusk. Both unguilded and one 60 and one 56. I like many people in both Red Dawn and Nihilum, and have both given and received assistance from many people in both guilds.

Flame away.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

hey bro
Old 01-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Banned

tune forum boxing accounts, give up HEH
Old 01-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 3.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tune forum boxing accounts, give up HEH
Lol that's messed up.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Disconnecting from the elf matrix can help improve the quality of life. Just take a break!
Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Old 01-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice flaming

but i actually know this guy and he is a pretty cool dude

I would just like to say I truly appreciate the testimonials and i promise....

you will be happy you posted this
Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulveda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did he violate the PnP policy? Probably. Should that result in a perma ban? No way.

The ONLY things that should get a person perma banned are RMT and using 3rd party programs to gain an edge in pvp. Period.
Flame away.
Last edited by Kinamara; 01-19-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned

server's biggest griefer shit canned

RIP Tune, time to go be a dad

oh wait, nevermind

time to go make a new char and start grinding those tradeskills
Old 01-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tune boxes on forums too.