Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Kobold

Playing as a mage (level 57) after the pet xp nerf, it is VERY annoying but isn't a reason to quit my mage quite yet. The big problem, as just about everyone has mentioned, is pet aggro.

For instance, I was killing guards in kaladim/BB for some xp. I had looked up their hp and did the math, I needed to nuke them 3 times to make sure pet didn't do 50% of the damage. I nuke once at 80%, which drops the mob to around 60ish%. At this point, its 50-50 on whether or not I'll have agro on me. If not, I wait till 50% to start casting another nuke. This drops to mob to 30% or so, and I have agro literally EVERY time. Now I have to pray root procs so I can get 1 more nuke off and more or less kill it.

If I wait till after 50% to nuke (say 40%) for the second time, I still get agro every time. But the big problem is that while kiting and hoping root procs, pet is still doing damage. Quite a few times pet would kill the mob before I could get the final nuke off, so pet steals the xp and all that work is for naught.

So since I have to kite mobs around at some point praying for root, I can't really do any dungeons or any areas that I don't have kite room. Really limits your choices in what you can kill. So either be ready to kill twice as many mobs as you would normally kill to gain a level, or be prepared to kite because of agro issues.

Now that I've typed all this, I thought of something. Since I have to nuke so much, I'm not chaining pets. I'm keeping the same pet because he isn't taking as many hits due to shorter fights and I don't send him into battle as quickly because I have to med up for 3 nukes before I even attempt to kill anything else. Possibly, if I gave my pet stun whips, that will be enough to keep agro while I nuke. Going to test this out later tonight.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

It is even a bigger problem for a Mage under level 48. Most all use the Fire pet which is pretty sorry with agro control. I am really not going to waste
my time on mine anymore unlesss there is a change. Dying sucks and gating
half the time to keep from dying is just as bad.

Low level Earth pet can't kill crap so you probably can out damage one but slow as heck XP.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad this nerf went in before server release, I hope we see less mages and necros griefing newbies.
Because mages are such awesome pvpers.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Banned

This change is more or less completely untenable with pet aggro issues.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Large Bat

Have anyone tried grouping and letting pet kill a mob and see if you 100% xp? put your group member out of zone or out of xp range, them you Can easily compare xp with a non-grouped solo kill.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

The nerf's to pet's 4 times over 6 months or so have been ridiculous really, not as intended, with that said, here's your self fix when soloing.

1. Engage your mob like normal, /pet attack with swords/daggers and burnout whatever buffed.

2. Nuke the mob with a low lvl nuke if u can handle the mob easily, like before.

3. Dismiss ur pet using focus item to regain most your mana back when the mob is at 1-2% health left, so all the dmg done to the mob is from the caster only and the pet hate list is gone.

4. Low lvl nuke once more, mob dead.

5. Recast pet with mana u regained from dismissing w/ focus item.

The only pain in the ass is having a bag full of summoned weapons / haste masks, but u save tons of mana not having to nuke for 50% and compete with your pet.

BTW on pet nerfs, i'm not sure how to put this in a adult manner without being disrespectful, STOP ALREADY! the aggro nerf and dmg nerf and previous ( Sept 2010 ) nerf because said fire pets where supposedly overpowered are conflicting now.

A little comparison to overpowered would be last week, ( week ending 11/6 ) a enchanter not to be named SOLO'D disc and NG in Sebilis and held those camps for quite awhile, ridiculous. A few months ago Monk were soloing the entire jail camp in Karnor's while camping for a T-staff, talk about overpowered

/pet envy is all over this mofo, thats for sure.
Last edited by Nivar Quartz; 11-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Illiterate
Old 11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Oh I can't deny that Castors all are overpowered to everyone else. Even a Mage with the latest XP penality. Hell a Necro has and always has been crazy overpowed with everything they can do. Other then Port what else can't they do? But I hate playing one lol.

But the whole deal is here that the rules have changed and late into the game. Damn just keep it the way it was or give it up. Hell Looking into a spell book for a ton of levels was Classic but I don't see it here now???

Just quit changing the God Damn rules every week. I Know this is about the Useless RED 1999 that in the end about 25 people will be on!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

You need to personally do 50% damage to a mob (basically out damage your pet) and with pet aggro broken (You will catch and mantain aggro an entire encounter if you nuke) It is next to impossible to out damage them.

No Idea what you are talking about Bonehand.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

lol webrunner sounds like your mad about the pvp server
Old 11-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juugox2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol webrunner sounds like your mad about the pvp server
If things are being changed on the main server because of it he has a right to be. WoW started messing with PvE for the sake of PvP (arena) and I didn't appreciate it one bit.