Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Kobold

55 necro here. I add 1 more DoT (3 in total) and I'm gtg. I use the rogue pet. I personally don't feel all that affected.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatz01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I look at classic as all or nothing. If pets generate 0 aggro, you can't allow pet xp to work this way. If pets are adjusted to hold significantly more hate, then you can keep this.

Choose one.
Agree
Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athosblack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
55 necro here. I add 1 more DoT (3 in total) and I'm gtg. I use the rogue pet. I personally don't feel all that affected.
It's because you're not pet tanking. You want aggro so you can kite. As a mage we don't have the ability to snare and thus have to pet tank.

As a great example:

I'm running through LOIO last night with fire pet. A sarnak aggros me. I send pet on sarnak. It took a good 5 seconds for pet to pull him off me and I did 0 damage to the mob.

In true classic if you sent pet in on a mob you had not damaged it would pull it off you immediately. Very broken.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatz01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because you're not pet tanking. You want aggro so you can kite. As a mage we don't have the ability to snare and thus have to pet tank.

As a great example:

I'm running through LOIO last night with fire pet. A sarnak aggros me. I send pet on sarnak. It took a good 5 seconds for pet to pull him off me and I did 0 damage to the mob.

In true classic if you sent pet in on a mob you had not damaged it would pull it off you immediately. Very broken.
Aye I agree. I Fear/Kite so I am at an advantage decidedly. I never played a mage before but talked to my guild mate and he mentioned they have no snare or fear.

For your class it's a serious cock punch.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Aviak

I feel like we are living an experiment to see what EQ would be like if mages couldn't solo
Closed Thread