Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default A Concerned Citizen Writes...

First, an introduction...

Hello all, i am a new player to the server and have enjoyed my time playing P99 but upon entering the "High End" game have experienced some very worrying behaviour.This is not a flame, no names will be mentioned, no direct attacks made i assure you. I speak as someone who sees P99 as a work of love by Developers, GMs and players alike and i greatly respect the contributions all make towards providing a quality service to all who are involved in P99, whether they be Admin or Players.

But (you know one was coming)...

A certain Guild on this server will if allowed to continue in their behaviour ruin the efforts of all by repeatedly ignoring any adherrance to the Play Nice Policies supposedly enforced throughout the server.

Here comes what i believe is genuine constructive critticism (no flame):

Would it be possible when a Major High End encounter ensues for GMs/Guides etc... to invisibly observe behaviour ?
If this were implemented, and the bad apples removed i would expect a greater enjoyment for the rest as a whole, and the declining of negative press which i am sure will or has already started to circulate concerning the P99 Project upon various other boards and MMO review websites to cease (or not start at all, hopefully).

I realize the Admin staff have a lot to do, but such bad behaviour is so rampant and frequent that even a newcommer such as myself is considering "what is the point to all of this if a few people act so immaturely ?"

I hear many people from many guilds have either quit, or are taking a break, solely because of this bad behaviour by some. Sooner or later, all who will be left will be the bad apples, and if i may continue the metaphor for a minute, who could stomache such a dish ?

The server in this instance will eventually die...

Thankyou to those who have spent the time to read this post and an even geater thanks to those who have spent the time to think about what can only be described as elementary issues which ultimately concern us all, including those behaving in such an unaccpetable manner.

Good Hunting, and may your glass be full and the sun always behind you all.
Last edited by Bolero; 04-15-2012 at 08:53 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Kobold

"Would it be possible when a Major High End encounter ensues for GMs/Guides etc... to invisibly observe behaviour ?"

THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

The problem is that EQ is simply not designed for player competition for raid mobs in the absence of PVP. It's just not possible for two guilds to both go for the same mob and not interfere with each other, especially in zones where the "trash" mobs are easily capable of wiping a guild, i.e. Fear/Hate. Hence, we now have instancing in MMOs.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is that EQ is simply not designed for player competition for raid mobs in the absence of PVP. It's just not possible for two guilds to both go for the same mob and not interfere with each other, especially in zones where the "trash" mobs are easily capable of wiping a guild, i.e. Fear/Hate. Hence, we now have instancing in MMOs.
until.... velious!
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change the way raid mobs are spawned.

In classic, every patch day and maintenance day resets the raid mobs, thus all of them will spawn at once. As such, its impossible for 1 or 2 guilds to dominate all raid mobs, giving a chance for the smaller guilds to have a go at the leftovers.

The devs could implement something like this, set a "maintenance day" to reset all mobs, so that no guild can dominate all mobs like it is currently. Its more classic too, since live servers resets often (one a week IIRC)

The situation now is that certain guild is farming all raid mobs, and this will not be good for the server at all. I hope the devs can see some sense in this.
Last edited by Galaa; 04-15-2012 at 09:42 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
A certain Guild on this server will if allowed to continue in their behaviour ruin the efforts of all by repeatedly ignoring any adherrance to the Play Nice Policies supposedly enforced throughout the server.
I would suggest that as a first step you begin listing either your specific grievances, or your specific fears. Knowing exactly what it is that has you worried will be important in establishing your concerns. Otherwise, nothing will come of this.

That said, the raiding scene is not in that bad of shape. You will hear horror stories about TMO/VD/IB all collectively being poor sports towards each other, and it does happen. However, for the most part the poor sportsmanship is limited to a number of individuals on each side. The rank and file generally "plays nice" with the others on the raiding scene, and most definitely outside of raids. The biggest problem you see (outside of smack talking which you should ignore, I know I do) is when a high-value target is nearing the end of its window and the socking begins.

Point is, most "problems" and frustrations are actually a simple fact based upon how the game is built. It is the exception, not the norm, that training KSing, and general rule breaking takes place.

There are a number of vocal people (troll or otherwise) here that are trying to paint a picture of a particular guild as a bad guy (See: Harrison & his TMO threads along with all of my unaddressed rebuttals). Take that with a grain of salt, and do some investigation.

If you are having a problem with a particular individual or group of individuals document, SS, or FRAPs the behavior. If you can prove wrongdoing, the majority of guilds on this server will discipline that member without hesitation. Granted, it is a high standard to satisfy (prooving outright wrong doing), but if you can, you will be heard.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change the way raid mobs are spawned.

In classic, every patch day and maintenance day resets the raid mobs, thus all of them will spawn at once. As such, its impossible for 1 or 2 guilds to dominate all raid mobs, giving a chance for the smaller guilds to have a go at the leftovers.

The devs could implement something like this, set a "maintenance day" to reset all mobs, so that no guild can dominate all mobs like it is currently.
Something like a maint. day would be cool imo.

but would probably have to change the reset time each week so its not always the same reset time.. give european guilds a chance too.

maybe each successive reset could be 2 or 3 hours later in the day than the previous reset so its always rotating through all the time zones.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Also, for those interested in eliminating the variance as it currently stands: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...9&postcount=62

Nilbog began a discussion in the post I listed above. It hasn't produce any fruit, but let the staff know you support that idea and it might keep gaining traction.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I am a new player too!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one time this has happened recently, TMO killed VS, Trak, CT (and draco), Inny (and maestro), Fay, Gore, and all of VP.

That's 14 (out of like 18? unless you count chardok and sky and hole) raid targets, inlcuding the 10+ most valuable ones.

And I guarantee you that if this started happening more often, let alone if these repops were scheduled beforehand, TMO could/would organize in such a way that would get them even more of those targets.

Don't think that I'm talking smack, because I'm not. I'm just pointing out that this whole "20 raid targets up at once is going to mean the little guys kill half of the mobs!" thing is total hogwash. The little guys would have more of a shot of killing something than they do now (short of poopsocking), but server repops will hardly stop 1 or 2 guilds from almost totally dominating the raid scene.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 04-16-2012 at 08:27 AM..
Closed Thread