Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

People will play it.

It could be another blue server and people would play it.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doors that way --------------------------------->

We aren't catering to the die hard pvp players that want an exclusive server to dominate with a diminished population. The server is being designed to sustain a community that can cooperate together while maintaining a strong pvp presence.
obviously not subject to change.... server will fail. The majority of people who say no to item loot are just scared of pop will fail. GL on r99, lets hope live comes out with a hardcore server!

You sir just lost 200 people!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item loot is GAY coin loot is perfect. If item loot gets implemented id support 1 item in the inventory but not taking equiped loot. It would clearly put melee at a huge disadvantage and be gay. Thanks rogean for having a brain, and keeping it legit!
obviously its 1 item, not taking everything he has .... I really think people say no to item loot because they think they will lose everything on their corpse.... its 1 item!!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Lol people acting like they won't play is hilarious.

They could feed you the shittiest Red server ever made and you'd still play on it.
Can't fucking please everyone, but damn some people are never pleased.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol people acting like they won't play is hilarious.

They could feed you the shittiest Red server ever made and you'd still play on it.
Can't fucking please everyone, but damn some people are never pleased.
Yes true the first 2 weeks will be loaded with people just wanting to try something different, but after the wow factor wears off what is left?I played on RZ day one and it was always full untill the day verant changed the rules from loot 1 item to coin drop.Within 1 month the server died.RZ was never the same after verant changed the rules for a few carebears mostly druid players.

I have researched a few old comments from player on forums of what happen to Rallos Zek when verant changed the rules..

-Oct 09 2004 at 10:49 PM Rating: Decent Gespho
5 postsi left Rallos zek and quit EQ, someones gotta tell me, is looting other people still around, this is BS what they did to RZ

-Hehe, if its one thing I like about Rallos zek, its the ability to go up to someone, slice em, dice em, and loot em! lol but its goes for your side too so thats the con about it. And it would suck to lose your wurmslayer or heavy velium war lance while your stroling around whistling and seeing colors n flowers!

-Kastro
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles

Sapphire Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think planar gear will return to no drop!
If Planar drops are common enough it is not a big issue..
if they are droppable there will be a fairly healthy economy of items trading back and forth.. and since most of us roll in guilds ( if you have planar) having it droppable isnt bad.. your guildies will generally do their best to replace shit that was looted to keep the guild strong.

Before Item loot was Removaed Planar was droppable and it worked fine.
I think the worst thing that could happen is someone can have every working slot no drop.. so again no risk PVP.. You should be able to have some no drop.. but if you are FULL no Drop you should never be fully decked out every slot with uber items..

<My suggestion would be to have a vendor with maybe 4-6 different no drop Augments ( stats ect or MR ) makes the items no-Drop... that way you can No drop certain God loots.. but if you are gonna try rolling with full no drop with uber gear.. not gonna happen/

-uh.. just make it like RZ was

1 item loot,
planar no drop, no looting bags, no looting weapons

-Recently, most PvP has dried up at the upper end. There are places you can go (hotspots, the latest expansion, and GM events, for example) where you are more likely to find PvP, but mostly, the server resembles a blue server these days -- and when you do find PvP it tends to be with a Stormhammer refugee with 400+ aa's. I believe the merger will certainly revitalize PvP, and look forward to the ensuing chaos, the restructuring of the current power structure, and the new economy. PvP has never been balanced, except in the rock-paper-scissors sense, which varies at every level. I just hope we'll have some GM support to enforce the no intentional training/causing intentional exp loss rules when the SZ people arrive.

-Everquest 1 is still around, and hasn't yet died. Hell, if they still had a server like Rallos Zek (1 Item Loot and FFA PvP) I'd still be playing it over all current MMO offerings. Ultima Online is also still around, and if not for ruleset changes that killed it - I'd still be playing that casually. Not to mention the multitude of emulator servers for both games, that will probably be going strong for ages. (Text Muds still exist to put it in perspective)

Good games will always have a following. It's the crappy ones that die.

-Rallos Zek for the win.

Sucked later when corpse camping became legal. I never wanted to go back because at some point resistances just got retarded and was pointless pking.

Sorry I don't have more , I pked with all my characters, from SRO To Kunark, lake of ill omen to Velious. Was the best server ever.

Item loot and plat server in EQ NEXT? COUNT ME IN!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleOzzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes true the first 2 weeks will be loaded with people just wanting to try something different, but after the wow factor wears off what is left?I played on RZ day one and it was always full untill the day verant changed the rules from loot 1 item to coin drop.Within 1 month the server died.RZ was never the same after verant changed the rules for a few carebears mostly druid players.

I have researched a few old comments from player on forums of what happen to Rallos Zek when verant changed the rules..

-Oct 09 2004 at 10:49 PM Rating: Decent Gespho
5 postsi left Rallos zek and quit EQ, someones gotta tell me, is looting other people still around, this is BS what they did to RZ

-Hehe, if its one thing I like about Rallos zek, its the ability to go up to someone, slice em, dice em, and loot em! lol but its goes for your side too so thats the con about it. And it would suck to lose your wurmslayer or heavy velium war lance while your stroling around whistling and seeing colors n flowers!

-Kastro
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles

Sapphire Status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think planar gear will return to no drop!
If Planar drops are common enough it is not a big issue..
if they are droppable there will be a fairly healthy economy of items trading back and forth.. and since most of us roll in guilds ( if you have planar) having it droppable isnt bad.. your guildies will generally do their best to replace shit that was looted to keep the guild strong.

Before Item loot was Removaed Planar was droppable and it worked fine.
I think the worst thing that could happen is someone can have every working slot no drop.. so again no risk PVP.. You should be able to have some no drop.. but if you are FULL no Drop you should never be fully decked out every slot with uber items..

<My suggestion would be to have a vendor with maybe 4-6 different no drop Augments ( stats ect or MR ) makes the items no-Drop... that way you can No drop certain God loots.. but if you are gonna try rolling with full no drop with uber gear.. not gonna happen/

-uh.. just make it like RZ was

1 item loot,
planar no drop, no looting bags, no looting weapons

-Recently, most PvP has dried up at the upper end. There are places you can go (hotspots, the latest expansion, and GM events, for example) where you are more likely to find PvP, but mostly, the server resembles a blue server these days -- and when you do find PvP it tends to be with a Stormhammer refugee with 400+ aa's. I believe the merger will certainly revitalize PvP, and look forward to the ensuing chaos, the restructuring of the current power structure, and the new economy. PvP has never been balanced, except in the rock-paper-scissors sense, which varies at every level. I just hope we'll have some GM support to enforce the no intentional training/causing intentional exp loss rules when the SZ people arrive.

-Everquest 1 is still around, and hasn't yet died. Hell, if they still had a server like Rallos Zek (1 Item Loot and FFA PvP) I'd still be playing it over all current MMO offerings. Ultima Online is also still around, and if not for ruleset changes that killed it - I'd still be playing that casually. Not to mention the multitude of emulator servers for both games, that will probably be going strong for ages. (Text Muds still exist to put it in perspective)

Good games will always have a following. It's the crappy ones that die.

-Rallos Zek for the win.

Sucked later when corpse camping became legal. I never wanted to go back because at some point resistances just got retarded and was pointless pking.

Sorry I don't have more , I pked with all my characters, from SRO To Kunark, lake of ill omen to Velious. Was the best server ever.

Item loot and plat server in EQ NEXT? COUNT ME IN!
there might be a few that will absolutely refuse to play on the server due to there not being item loot. I think there are more that would refuse to play on it if there was item loot. You appease the masses in this situation, as it's not game breaking imo.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there might be a few that will absolutely refuse to play on the server due to there not being item loot. I think there are more that would refuse to play on it if there was item loot. You appease the masses in this situation, as it's not game breaking imo.
I have played both rule sets, If Rogean would adjust the damage taken correct we wouldnt have a bunch of naked casters running around. Maybe he need to base damage on Int= level and add a roll factor on spell hitting a percentage pvp.Keep damage the same against mobs/npc so it dosnt effect a caster level exp.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
obviously not subject to change.... server will fail. The majority of people who say no to item loot are just scared of pop will fail. GL on r99, lets hope live comes out with a hardcore server!

You sir just lost 200 people!
Yep absolutely, I love live pvp it's the best offering in competitive play in any game right now. Classic eqemu pvp?? lolol wtf.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Let's make a simple analogy! Everything's easier with analogies.

So everyone loves salad. They crave salad. Nobody has had salad in ages and there's hundreds of people screaming for it. Every person in the room is just dead set on getting them some salad.

You can put broccoli in salad. A lot of people don't like broccoli - in fact, it's a pretty unpopular vegetable and most would refrain from eating it if they had the choice. It has been proven in several polls that more people hate broccoli than like it.

You can have salad without broccoli. Those who like salad with broccoli probably also like salad without broccoli, just not quite as much. Those who cannot stand the taste of broccoli are not so lucky, because if those who serve the salad force you to eat it with broccoli, they won't be able to eat it. The salad won't be enjoyable with broccoli because it tastes bad.

Clearly the option that satisfies the most is to serve salad without broccoli. Most of those who prefer salad with broccoli will still like it without, and those who don't like broccoli (who are also the majority) will be happy as well. The tiny minority who for some reason cannot eat salad without broccoli are not going to get any special treatment, and catering to the vast majority is obviously the right choice.

Moral of the story: fuck broccoli.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

The majority of the people here are going to enjoy a nice non item loot level 50 game and enjoy nice twinks once they are finished getting all the good stuff they want.

A lot of non pro pvpers are going to give PVP a try..and they are going to find that around every corner there is a guy waiting to kill them, geared with equipment that is better than theirs by far that they are weeks and months of play time away from attaining.

This guy will kill them whenever they run into eachother and they will not be motivated to ever try to kill him..and they will quit.

RZ pvp was fun at level 1. It was fun at level 5. It was less fun at level 6 when level 10 rogue twinks could jack you up..it was very fun at level 12 and 14 when you could try to gank those rogues.

PVP99 will be fun for max level only and this is the only level taken into consideration with the 8 level pvp limit and the lack of item loot. If anything is likely to fail, it is this.
Closed Thread