Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 AM
Banned

lol u know when inglorious is suggesting people to ignore someone, its bad.

Hateraid on my ignorelist since like the 3rd post i saw him post
Old 02-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Play game have fun pvp move on. Late game is red dawn massing like a Zerg they recruit anyone with a pulse. I had a level 5 human Mage they tried recruiting commons was full of level 6 red dawns. Then you got nilly who kills raid mobs @ 5:15 am are generally over committed to this game they worship pixels. You also got azrael that has jerks on ooc these are the kids that self promote and want attention for being good at Everquest pvp. Really need a third axis power that's not full of toxic nerds won't happen cause everyone cool can't commit 20 hours to eq weekly.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Howdy all,

Interested in your red99 server but don't know anything about it and blue server doesnt generally have anything good to say about red.

I have no experience with EQ pvp but have lots of experience with pvp from DAoC, Warhammer, WoW and SWTOR.

Myself and my friends have played on the blue server up to mid fifties before we were burnt out and discouraged after looking to end game raiding. I have no interest in "competing" by poop socking mobs for hours on end or attempting to cockblock or prevent others from accessing content most of us did 15 years ago in order to maintain some silly monopoly.

So please tell me about the server. What's th raid scene like? How does pvp work? Assuming a duo or trio are there certain classes we should shy away from due to unbalanced pvp nature? Currentt we are messing around with a cleric enchanter combo which is a lot of fun, would that still be viable?

Is there an experience modifier in place?

What does the economy look like?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Duckwalk
Here was my first initial experiences with Red. For the most part the community is wonderful in game NOT ON FORUMS. If you take what you see on forums with a grain of salt you will be in good shape. Almost everyone wants more players so you will be well received in game and showered with plat and gear (at least I was). With the lower population you have the opportunity to "grind" less and experience the fun EQ has to offer. Rather than just racing to max level and poopsockin the raids you can take your time because with the XP bonus it is way more relaxed with less pressure to level and enjoy things EQ has to offer(Which is great for those of us with families and/or jobs), like quest lines you have never done. Another great thing that has kept me here is the ability to camp items on your own! no more fighting over camps for spawns for a specific item you want. To be honest even the so called jerks here on the forum in game are completely different people. On the forums they are jackasses in game actually really cool people. Give it a shot and see for yourself.

Even with pvp the whole PNP I never really got, I think most of it stems from deep seeded rivalries. In all my pvp encounters never have I seen anyone camped. Most even try to befriend you after a pvp battle. There is no loss of xp or gear so PVP is strictly fun. Some say but there is no one to group with at low levels... A. that is not true with the high xp bonus people are constantly making new characters to try because they level so fast. B. even if you cant find a group who cares... you level so fast you will be in range in no time. All I can say is proof is in the delicious banana crème pudding. so log in see what you think for yourself!
Last edited by rusty81; 02-12-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned

The server is fun. There are currently a couple guild choices that will fit any play style. Enchanter/Cleric is a great duo and you can fit in a lot of classes with it so just play whatever. You know PvE well enough to make your own decision.

Currently all dmg spells land pretty easily in PvP but if resists get worked on this wont' be the case. Wizards will need to use lures, mages will be out of luck, enchanters are still useful with dispels, rapture, debuffs, necros will be more useful because of dots/drains that will still land. There is a GM currently working on resists but he has taken a lot longer than people had hoped. Eventually they should be implemented.

Melees are great in PvP at end game once you get them geared but they will be the easiest to pick on while leveling up.

On this server there is no penalty for a PvP death, no exp, no item loss, etc.

There is an exp bonus on this server so you will be able to get to 50 pretty quick. There is a scaling bonus from 1-50 as well as a global exp bonus of 1.5x or 2.0x of blue.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Banned

They recruit people without a pulse too. Nihilum is the guild to join if you want to be an elite asshole.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play game have fun pvp move on. Late game is red dawn massing like a Zerg they recruit anyone with a pulse. I had a level 5 human Mage they tried recruiting commons was full of level 6 red dawns. Then you got nilly who kills raid mobs @ 5:15 am are generally over committed to this game they worship pixels. You also got azrael that has jerks on ooc these are the kids that self promote and want attention for being good at Everquest pvp. Really need a third axis power that's not full of toxic nerds won't happen cause everyone cool can't commit 20 hours to eq weekly.
Red Dawn recruits the most and also has probably kicked the most members because it is the only guild that actively seeks a healthy environment. Every guild on the server wants more members. If Red Dawn is trying to attract players to the server and help newcomers that just means they are putting in more work in the recruitment process than other guilds.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They recruit people without a pulse too. Nihilum is the guild to join if you want to be an elite asshole.
If you're referring to Red Dawn, then you're greatly mistaken. We are the ONLY end game raiding guild, that I know of on Red99, that routinely will cut people loose who break the rules of our charter. Even long time veteran member Relapsed, was ultimately let go, due to repeated violations of our charter. Thank you for your concern though, and I appreciate the opportunity to clear that up. The only difference is, we are willing to give everyone a chance to make a rep for themselves in Red Dawn.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

I generally like a lot of players in red dawn no hang ups here. but I did see like 6 level 5 red dawns in west common and the only guild that list is always cut short is red dawn :/
Old 02-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're referring to Red Dawn, then you're greatly mistaken. We are the ONLY end game raiding guild, that I know of on Red99, that routinely will cut people loose who break the rules of our charter. Even long time veteran member Relapsed, was ultimately let go, due to repeated violations of our charter. Thank you for your concern though, and I appreciate the opportunity to clear that up. The only difference is, we are willing to give everyone a chance to make a rep for themselves in Red Dawn.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's th raid scene like?

Thanks, Duckwalk
its simply fantastic!!

pixel showers on a weekly basis
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Closed Thread