Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbithero72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have Win7, Titanium, have patchme after shortcut, and used the Duxa installer but Im still getting the GUI XML Error after I try to start EQ. Is there anything else that can be causing this or sugestions?
This is what my UIerrors log says:

UIErrorLog created at Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011
[Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011] Error reading XML.
[Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbithero72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what my UIerrors log says:

UIErrorLog created at Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011
[Thu May 19 13:52:39 2011] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Which skin are you trying to use?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

I use your installer at work 5 nights of the week because when I log off in the morning, it cleans all files accumulated throughout the work day.

With that said, I have a fresh install of Titanium every day, and every time when using your installer my Nektulos files are incorrect. I can tell by the textures when I zone in that it is the more "updated" Nektulos, and I am under the world in doing so.

Might wanna check in to this.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

To elaborate a bit further, I am installing again for the night as we speak. I'll see if it properly removes the Nektulos file after installing Titanium and then using the patcher.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use your installer at work 5 nights of the week because when I log off in the morning, it cleans all files accumulated throughout the work day.

With that said, I have a fresh install of Titanium every day, and every time when using your installer my Nektulos files are incorrect. I can tell by the textures when I zone in that it is the more "updated" Nektulos, and I am under the world in doing so.

Might wanna check in to this.

After installing I found that it is leaving the nektulos.eqg and the environment emitters files in the directory in ADDITION to making a "backup" copy of it as well.

Quote:
After completing the Guide above, you must make a few modifications to your Everquest files. Navigate to your Everquest Titanium folder and move the following files out of the folder (Preferably create a new folder named "Backup" to put them in):
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

In my directory there is all of these files and all of them with .backup after them.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry I was out of town for the last week.. Working on updating with the latest spellfile as we speak. I will also look into your issue Koota
Old 05-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

not sure if you can help..

I am having problems with my return / enter key not working in game (so cant type chat or commands) i have a gut feeling its related to the game starting in a window.. and not quite getting into full screen mode. Even once I manually enter full screen in game it doesnt work.

To be honest I didnt want to install your programme (it looks great) as I dont want to add any more factors to getting this solved. But do you think this may work?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracnor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure if you can help..

I am having problems with my return / enter key not working in game (so cant type chat or commands) i have a gut feeling its related to the game starting in a window.. and not quite getting into full screen mode. Even once I manually enter full screen in game it doesnt work.

To be honest I didnt want to install your programme (it looks great) as I dont want to add any more factors to getting this solved. But do you think this may work?
My program actually does not install anything other than what you would have to do anyways to play on Project 1999, it just automates everything. Once the installer closes nothing runs/gets installed etc... so you really wouldnt be adding anything.

As far as your problem goes, sure... if you feel like its a resolution thing, run my installer and choose the resolutions/windowed/fullscreen option and enter how you want to play.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

@ Koota, yep there was indeed a problem with nektulos. I changed that part of the installer a little bit so that after it creates a backup of it, it also does a check and deletes the old one if its still present. I believe the issue is caused by the fact that for some strange reason, way back when Titanium came out when gold mastering files they marked Nektulos files as read only. So most delete operations will fail, unless forced. I tested it on 2 installs and the new installer routine seems to have fixed the problem. Please try it out and PM me or post on here.

Thanks so much for pointing this out, I play a WE DRU, so never have a reason to go to Nektulos. So without you I wouldnt have known the issue existed.

---------------------------

In other news:

Updated Installer to V0.8, grab it from the first post in the thread. Patch notes are as follows:

v0.8 - May 30, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v10) released May 29, 2011.
- Few bug fixes related to installer execution.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Orc

installed this and I don't crash when I zone anymore, interesting... eh I'm not complaining!