Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 03-24-2024, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi hello I’ve leveled four shamans to 60 in my time playing P99. I’ve also accomplished a good portion of the Solo Artist Challenge on several toons. .
You've just inspired me to finish levelling my 2nd shaman. I just am hesitant when my first one already has full spellbook, Vindi BP and epic...

Torpor, Pox, Bane, Malo, Epic --- hefty sums to pay out to get all of those again
Old 03-24-2024, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've just inspired me to finish levelling my 2nd shaman. I just am hesitant when my first one already has full spellbook, Vindi BP and epic...

Torpor, Pox, Bane, Malo, Epic --- hefty sums to pay out to get all of those again
At least Torpor has gone down quite a bit in price, at least on blue. I think I paid 80k for mine years ago. Now it's like 40k.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament Icarus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi hello I’ve leveled four shamans to 60 in my time playing P99. I’ve also accomplished a good portion of the Solo Artist Challenge on several toons.

Blue - Troll Shaman (no JBB or Epic)
Blue - Barb Shaman (JBB, no Epic)
Green - Iksar Shaman (no JBB, Epic)
Green - Ogre Shaman (JBB, Epic)

JBB felt very useful from 45-52 or so. I saw a drastic drop off in use on both the Barb and Ogre as I gained in levels beyond that. It still had occasional use at 55+ and very marginal use at 60, but it was mostly a neat toy at best.

Regen has felt useful to me at all levels. I really quite like it at 60 with Regrowth effects and Aura of Battle, it feels really substantial when solo farming or soloing hard content. FSI has felt mostly useless in all content, really only showing its value in soloing hard content and even then rarely. I’d say in terms of practical application and certainly in how it feels to play any of the characters, Regen > FSI (stuns are annoying, they don’t inhibit your ability to kill a hard target).

Epic is far superior to JBB in my opinion, and certainly if you have a Fungi. I would always pick Epic for leveling, and considering Epic has broad and far reaching use at 60, and JBB has at best marginal use, I’d say JBB is more of a fantastic leveling item than anything else.

The character I’ve accomplished the most on is the Iksar Shaman. I’ve achieved a huge number of solo artist challenge content on him, and I personally love the look.

All in all, play what you want to look at for hundreds if not thousands of hours. None of the racial bonuses will change your gameplay substantially. I’m partial to regen and I’ve found it the most impactful in feel. Others will argue differently, and that’s okay.

Edit: You need none of the tools to level to 60. Yeah, it’s a bit slower. Leveling is where you build the fundamentals, don’t let an item skip them all for you. Leveling with JBB is mathematically faster. Epic is likely on par, Epic with fungi I believe outpaces JBB with Fungi (hard to test this and honestly who the fuck cares). Pick what’s fun, enjoy the game. You can do it all on any race.
ding ding
Old 04-09-2024, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hi hello I’ve leveled four shamans to 60 in my time playing P99. I’ve also accomplished a good portion of the Solo Artist Challenge on several toons.

Blue - Troll Shaman (no JBB or Epic)
Blue - Barb Shaman (JBB, no Epic)
Green - Iksar Shaman (no JBB, Epic)
Green - Ogre Shaman (JBB, Epic)

JBB felt very useful from 45-52 or so. I saw a drastic drop off in use on both the Barb and Ogre as I gained in levels beyond that. It still had occasional use at 55+ and very marginal use at 60, but it was mostly a neat toy at best.

Regen has felt useful to me at all levels. I really quite like it at 60 with Regrowth effects and Aura of Battle, it feels really substantial when solo farming or soloing hard content. FSI has felt mostly useless in all content, really only showing its value in soloing hard content and even then rarely. I’d say in terms of practical application and certainly in how it feels to play any of the characters, Regen > FSI (stuns are annoying, they don’t inhibit your ability to kill a hard target).

Epic is far superior to JBB in my opinion, and certainly if you have a Fungi. I would always pick Epic for leveling, and considering Epic has broad and far reaching use at 60, and JBB has at best marginal use, I’d say JBB is more of a fantastic leveling item than anything else.

The character I’ve accomplished the most on is the Iksar Shaman. I’ve achieved a huge number of solo artist challenge content on him, and I personally love the look.

All in all, play what you want to look at for hundreds if not thousands of hours. None of the racial bonuses will change your gameplay substantially. I’m partial to regen and I’ve found it the most impactful in feel. Others will argue differently, and that’s okay.

Edit: You need none of the tools to level to 60. Yeah, it’s a bit slower. Leveling is where you build the fundamentals, don’t let an item skip them all for you. Leveling with JBB is mathematically faster. Epic is likely on par, Epic with fungi I believe outpaces JBB with Fungi (hard to test this and honestly who the fuck cares). Pick what’s fun, enjoy the game. You can do it all on any race.
Winner winner chicken dinner
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-09-2024, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

For someone who is reading the end of this thread, please do not listen to posters who claim JBB is only good for leveling from 45-52 or so. This is mathematically incorrect. Posters like Troxx who constantly claim otherwise have not leveled a Shaman from 45-60 with JBB.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=523 - Here are some calculations for JBB vs. Root/Rotting.

In terms of leveling speed, these are the ranked options from 45-60. All options can include Fungi Tunic/Staff if you can afford them:

1. Epic + JBB + Blight, Hammer of the Scourge (if you are fighting 3+ mobs each pull).
2. Epic (if you are fighting 3+ mobs each pull).
3. JBB + Blight, Hammer of the Scourge (Every race that can use it, no Epic).
4. Root/Rotting without JBB or Epic.

If you can't afford both Epic and Torpor, Use JBB and save for Torpor. You can resell JBB, Fungi Tunic, etc. to get Torpor money. You can't resell Epic for Torpor money. It's better to have Torpor and no Epic at level 60, instead of Epic and no Torpor at level 60.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-09-2024 at 07:24 PM..
Old 04-10-2024, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

I was about to suggest a better use of the funds is to help a friend twink a melee alt for duoing, but remembered this is an iksar solo challenge thread, so yeah, have your jbb in bag. It’ll look gamewinningly great hidden there, unclicked.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-10-2024, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
… remembered this is an iksar solo challenge thread, so yeah, have your jbb in bag. It’ll look gamewinningly great hidden there, unclicked.
Tee hee

Jim, you gotta remember that some members in our community (even those with prolific post counts) aren’t the best at reading comprehension.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-10-2024, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tee hee

Jim, you gotta remember that some members in our community (even those with prolific post counts) aren’t the best at reading comprehension.
Indeed, people like yourself do have reading comprehension issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is missing out on JBB going to hinder me on any solo challenges or is it mostly just for powerleveling yourself?
OP was specifically asking about JBB and it's utility. Discussing that is fair game. I am not sure what thread you've been reading. I do agree other posters have derailed this thread and haven't been reading very well, including yourself.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

"is jbb going to hinder me on any solo challenges"

answer: no

/thread

instead we're at page 91 with your incessant autism
Old 04-10-2024, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"is jbb going to hinder me on any solo challenges"

answer: no

/thread

instead we're at page 91 with your incessant autism
We did indeed answer OP on page 1. Other posters and trolls derailed this thread, not myself. Just look at the post history. I am not sure why you insist on lying about what happened in this thread.

Claiming everybody has autism is just more trolling. Stop bloating the thread with nonsense. Tell Troxx and his friends to do the same if you want to actually fix the problem.

My guess is you don't actually want to fix the problem, based on your past behavior.