Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Default Efreeti Standard

Efreeti Standard is currently Offhand only and should be Primary / Offhand currently.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...reeti+standard
Last edited by Tycko; 07-09-2012 at 10:17 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
SEPTEMBER 19, 2000
Low-Delay Weapons and Damage Bonus Changes:

In accordance with our announcement several weeks ago, two low-delay weapons can now only be equipped in the off-hand. Included in this change are the Mosscovered Twig and the Barbed Scale Whip. The delay on these weapons and the associated damage bonus to weapons in the primary hand made these weapons much too powerful for their availability and the risk associated with their acquisition.

In addition, two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified. The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons above and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased
Last edited by Tycko; 07-26-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Developer

Added functionality so we can now distinguish items based on server's timeline. If there are more outside Efreeti Standard/Mosscovered Twig/Barbed Scale Whip, please bump an existing thread or create a new one.

Fixed, pending update.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Banned

Even better, I remember correctly the Efreeti Standard wasn't even fixed until Velious.

I distinctly recall one of our main tanks, Ooga, being super pissed about this being fixed and his newly acquired custom helm blocking his view when he melee'd within like weeks of each other.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even better, I remember correctly the Efreeti Standard wasn't even fixed until Velious.
Needs researching.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

So because verant missed fixing a broken item that is clearly op and not what they intended we need to keep it that way here in the name of classic? Perhaps we should leave in many of the leveling exploits as well since, hey, it's classic?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

People have to deal with broken taunt for months.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

And that makes no sense to me. When I think of classic I don't think back to the days that alchemy wasn't in the game even though brad continued to lie and say it was, ts containers eating your items, terrible pathing, rangers pulling aggro and insta dying, clerics being the only class that could heal, incredible amounts of broken quests, hybrid exp penalties etc. those things were design flaws, errors, mistakes, bad results. They were bad for the game. Classic is the large world feeling, the difficulty, the need for class inter-dependency, a vibrant economy before the mudflation of PoP etc. I know this post will make no difference in how this project is ran, but I had to get it off my chest. It's like having to relive the same frustration we had with verant back in the day over some of the terrible game mechanics all over again but except now, rather than the response being The Vision it's "classic." (unless it's the resist system on red then it's custom). Rant off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Needs researching.
It wasn't the most common weapon you have to understand sir.

It gets made off hand only in Velious.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't the most common weapon you have to understand sir.

It gets made off hand only in Velious.
Show us the proof.