Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Kobold

Default Earth pet's root lands way too much

Not really a bug so I didn't want to post it in the bug forum, but it's just stupid how often the earth pet's root spell lands relative to how often the player casted root spell does. I just got root and can't even really land/keep landing root on a blue con, but a blue con pet can keep me basically chain rooted.

Definitely not like classic. On classic the earth pet's root barely ever landed.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really a bug so I didn't want to post it in the bug forum, but it's just stupid how often the earth pet's root spell lands relative to how often the player casted root spell does. I just got root and can't even really land/keep landing root on a blue con, but a blue con pet can keep me basically chain rooted.

Definitely not like classic. On classic the earth pet's root barely ever landed.
QQ
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 AM
Banned

Rename thread: "Life Isn't Fair"
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QQ
Oh so you play a mage then?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh so you play a mage then?
cleric actually lol.

Still bad players can keep QQ'n about a little earth pet and his super destructive game breaking root.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cleric actually lol.

Still bad players can keep QQ'n about a little earth pet and his super destructive game breaking root.
This made me laugh, QQ'n has nothing to do with it. We are supposed to be giving feedback on what is working and what is not. Your trolling for what we are supposed to be doing. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody has tested water, air and fire pets cause they are so fucking expensive nobody can buy more than 1 pet per spell level

edit -- not complaining about spell prices, im just saying with the boosted exp rate and NOT a boosted drop rate, we level too fast to save money for the spell level, thats what im trying to say... so every mage obviously picks next earth pet, and nobody can afford anything else
we level too fast to save money for the spell level

This ^^^ The only way to test the lower level spells properly will be if you get someone to roll an alt after getting another toon to farm. But then your testing would be limited. I don't think you need to make all the spells free, I do however think each new player should start with enough PP to buy half level 1 and level 4 spells this would still not be enough to make everyone on the same level as each person can decide how to spend this coffer to buy spells or weapons for melee or bags.

By the time you get to level 8 there are enough places to fill your bank with enough PP to buy from there.

Just my 2 CP
Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 AM
Kobold

^ mouthbreathing mages
Old 09-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimblerot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ mouthbreathing mages
^moar QQ
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

+1, pretty much my exact experience with it as well. player cast roots almost always fail but mage pet roots will hit nearly every single time and they will stick for much longer than the pet's recast time. one of the mages on the server even expressed the same concerns about it.

I suspect that something was done on the PVE side of things for blue box some time ago to balance mage pets to help their roots stick against mobs that would con much higher to the pets themselves, and that change doesn't work for PVP.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

player casted root gets resisted a shit ton even on lower level people.

earth pet root procs like fucking crazy.
Closed Thread