Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lictor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One guild shitting it up for everyone may be want you want. But, don't act like if things were run your way it would be paradise when there is years of history on p99 to look at.
thats the thing, man. What i'm proposing isnt supposed to make you, me or any player overly pumped.

it's just a salient point proving why our volunteer staff should NOT feel compelled to spend even a microsecond of time dealing with this.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Kobold

I got ya. I would hope they don't feel compelled to act either but sadly without intervention it would probably turn into the old red99 that was largely left unchecked and became a gigantic shithole everyone avoided before staff intervention.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:24 PM
Banned

Why work on this project if you're going to be sour? Should it not be fun? Of course the raiding community sucks dick, it's 2015 and these ppl still play eq like it's a job. Let browns kill browns.

The real truth can only be that the server depends on these ppl financially and the admins have to resort to this passive aggressive behavior instead of handling or ignoring the "problem". There is literally no reason to give a fuck what these nerds are up to otherwise.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real truth can only be that the server depends on these ppl financially and the admins have to resort to this passive aggressive behavior instead of handling or ignoring the "problem". There is literally no reason to give a fuck what these nerds are up to otherwise.
Yeah, it must be because the devs are so desperate for money (even though I haven't seen even a single "please donate" thread from them). It couldn't possibly be because they are generous people who devote huge amounts of time to creating a playground for a thousand other people and they actually want those people to have fun ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

No rules is fine on a server that is progressing fast( 1 year each expansion ). Then the guild that goes hard for a year gearing up, moves to the next expansion. But when your stuck in the same expansion for 3 years and people try and neckbeard and make a career out of the raid scene, you gota make rules. Live had no rules for this reason. The top guild or guilds were an expansion ahead of the other raiding guilds.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree with Azeth. I was in FE during TMO's time on top of the server, and no rules VP was probably the most fun I've had in eq. I actually think it would open up competition since strategy would become more important (see: 23 FE vs 50+ TMO on FE's first Druushk). Don't get me wrong, TMO got the vast majority of kills, but that Druushk kill never would have happened if both guilds were using basically the exact same strategy like it is under more restrictive rules. Rules leave no room for innovation.

Also, I love how the counter to getting rid of rules is that it would lead to dominance of the server by the top guild. Basically you're saying that an increased chance at loot is more important to you than getting rid of petition quest.

Training and z-axis stuff like ledges in VP would be awesome in Kael, ToV and Sleepers. Doubt it will happen though.

As far as it being released without raid content or to red first... Whatever, we've waited like 3 years already, I have no problem playing other games until velious raiding is ready to go.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs616 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree with Azeth. I was in FE during TMO's time on top of the server, and no rules VP was probably the most fun I've had in eq. I actually think it would open up competition since strategy would become more important (see: 23 FE vs 50+ TMO on FE's first Druushk). Don't get me wrong, TMO got the vast majority of kills, but that Druushk kill never would have happened if both guilds were using basically the exact same strategy like it is under more restrictive rules. Rules leave no room for innovation.

Also, I love how the counter to getting rid of rules is that it would lead to dominance of the server by the top guild. Basically you're saying that an increased chance at loot is more important to you than getting rid of petition quest.

Training and z-axis stuff like ledges in VP would be awesome in Kael, ToV and Sleepers. Doubt it will happen though.

As far as it being released without raid content or to red first... Whatever, we've waited like 3 years already, I have no problem playing other games until velious raiding is ready to go.
Rules pretty much help with petitions and curb rmt to be honest. I dont play blue anymore, but it is the way any economy works.
When one guild can dominate with no rules, all the people will swing to this side. Now they can pick and choose who they want and who they dont based on their playtimes.
The people not picked, have to pay a price from the competition because they cant kill these targets. The competition who has no jobs and dont work can set any price. It becomes a business.
You understand? This is why their is gold shops on all new games. Cause people cant act normal and play a fuckin game like a human.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

I heard they were goibg to make all raid zones pvp enabled so that disputes could settle themselves.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard they were goibg to make all raid zones pvp enabled so that disputes could settle themselves.
I'm pretty sure they have a variety of medications available nowadays to help with that problem. See your doc now before the voices start telling you to masturbate naked on a street corner at rush hour.
Closed Thread