Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

I haven't really been commenting on any of these resist threads because frankly I don't know anything about classic resists and the most recent pvp box I played on before here was VZTZ. Not that I didn't play on a pvp server back in classic, its just that I played on TZ on live when I was 14 and that was almost a decade ago, so how the fuck would I remember anything. I couldn't even tell you what I ate for lunch yesterday.

So because of these reasons I just keep my mouth shut. All I would like to say however is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, this is a indirect nerf to classes with SoW because root/snare overrides SoW even if it lands for .1 second. In classic, these spells would almost never land at all on someone with 140 MR.
Stop saying this shit without some kind of fucking proof. You're one liner about 'classic' with zero evidence is not going to be taken seriously by anyone. Get some links or shut. the. fuck. up.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Orc

lol, yes.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, i see was have a "test of tactics" hero here. Of course that represents what EQ pvp was all about.

A classic pvp server should have classic resists. End of story, freak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
What's funny is that you guys seem to think we were going to strictly adhere to 'classic' for the pvp server. On the contrary we would like to make it somewhat interesting and fun for everyone. Call it Custom Classic if you want, I don't give a shit.
Don't really think I have to add anything else here.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Call it Custom Classic
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop saying this shit without some kind of fucking proof. You're one liner about 'classic' with zero evidence is not going to be taken seriously by anyone. Get some links or shut. the. fuck. up.
How about you post proof that is wasn't that way. You won't find anything disproving Arillious because it was never changed until PoP so Sony never post patch notes on it.

I ran around on RZ with 100 to 120 MR and I only got rooted once in a year. Can i find links or patch notes proving this? No. Because that is the way it was and was never changed.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ran around on RZ with 100 to 120 MR and I only got rooted once in a year. Can i find links or patch notes proving this? No. Because that is the way it was and was never changed.
This is the system I'm 100% against. It's so fkin boring to run around in godmode. A custom balanced classic server ftw!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Judging by the OP, the resist rate on root seems about perfect with 130mr.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all Darwoth you're an idiot if you think I have a zerg mentality. I basically only solo PVP and I'm the only member in my guild and I don't plan on inviting anyone else either. I don't freaking care if 100 people chase me. You have loads of ways to escape. Most classes even have gate and if you don't have that then fkin buy a GATE POTION? It's not to hard.. Oh and if you don't wanna spend time farming PP or items you need to escape from these situations then you definitely deserve to die. The system you seem to like is one where a player can have FULL RAID GEAR and basically be invincible. I've already experienced that system in EQ PVP and it's beyond lame. Personally I prefer a challenge. I know ill have good gear on live and all the best utility items and I prefer to have a challenge with people actually landing spells on me. Then me running around in godlike and laughing at people who try to CC me. I understand why bad players would like a system like that. But hey some of us like a challenge.

2nd

You have no clue what kind of EQ pvp experience I have. After playing EQ for 4 months I won the Test of Tactics on my server. Then I came 2nd in the SERVERWIDE Test of Tactics tournament where we lost to Afterlife in the final. On the way to the final we destroyed the TWO best teams the PVP servers had to offer. I could go on with numerous of more pvp achievements I had but I really dislike bragging on forums. Pwning you guys in game is enough for me.

Makeyoumad you're still just talking out of your ass like a complete idiot. Have you tried casting CC at 80-100MR or 100-120MR? No you haven't so you should stfu like usual. Also if you guys didn't realize it by now. RED99 is not CLASSIC EVERQUEST nor are they trying to make it CLASSIC EVERQUEST.

Also, any smart developer will cater for the majority of their playerbase and that's the casuals and not the hardcore players like myself. With that in mind I'm sure the majority of the people will want a system where they actually have a chance vs raid geared people instead of them walking around immune to all spells the casuals cast on them.

I know Darwoth is a hardcore player since he's online 24/7 on the beta and I assume this Makeyourmad guy is one as well. The only thing you two seem to care about is having an even higher advantage vs the casual players then what you already have with playing way more and having better gear + more utility items. Personally I hope the developers will just go with their own vision and not listen to everyone here on the forums since most here are just trying to get an advantage for themselves with their posts.

god i hate when you talk, it sounds like a bunch of annoying gnats with a high pitched buzzing in your ear, you try to ignore them but their just to fucking annoying.

1> i know how much eq pvp experience you have because you told me when you were busy bragging about being part of "the best wow guild in the world" (lol) you have zero, you played on a blue server. go fuck yourself.

2> while i always have gate pots, most will not and most do not want to spend 1100p or camp the cenobite for hours on end just to escape a bunch of no talent assclowns because their MR doesnt work.

3> you dont impress me or anyone else in spite of how much you run your cocksucker in game, on the boards and probably in your sleep. you selected the easiest most dumbed down class in the game to play and zoom around two shotting people that have no resists, if i was a betting man i would say you wont last past the first 3 months of the server when the average player is not a naked fishbait but instead someone thats been around the block a few times.

4> your post about "you want to run around in full raid gear and be a god!" shows your complete lack of knowledge and precisely why you should shut the fuck up, THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT "full raid gear" did not make anyone immune to shit except crowd control, which newb gear also did. "full raid gear" will be much more of a factor under the current system if it is not tweaked by the time planar/kunark comes out as damage spells resist exponentially more here than classic live.

and yes, im sure you "already experienced that system" over on the blue server, give me a fucking break.

it is an even more stupid comment given the fact that i wont ever have raid gear.

in any case, continue ignoring the point i made about the relevant topic (such as i dont care much one way or the other about the current cc resists, there you go looking stupid again. or the speed stacking issue) and spewing shit in my direction because i injured your fragile ego by pointing out how you know a heaping amount of jack shit.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

All that and then you got laid out? DAAAAAAAAAAAANG LET ME HANG MY HEAD I SAID DANG LET ME HANG MY HEAD LOVELY.

In all seriousness caring about the resists is pretty dumb! At the end of the day we will all have to play with the same system. What i mean to say is regardless of the resist system the players who are better than average are still going to come out on top.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

LOL. Did he even try to dispell you?
Closed Thread