Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's simple. Blue players enjoy grinding slow exp and roleplay.

Red players enjoy competition over raid content and guild vs guild conflict.

It's not a big suprize that the exact same server won't make both populations happy.

There must be customization, evolution.
I do believe you hit the bull's eye. That is EXACTLY the differences between servers and the players who play on them. The servers must be customized for the players base who play. Does increasing the rate of exp really effect the "classic" nature of the server? I think not. Its not like you're giving warriors teleport abilities and druids who can summon mage pets. I'd love to continue to play on the server but right now, it doesn't bring back ANY excitements I had back in 1999 playing on Tallon Zek. I played for the pvp and cock blocking players, not to solo my way to higher levels for weeks just to finally start doing what I enjoyed.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's simple. Blue players enjoy grinding slow exp and roleplay.

Red players enjoy competition over raid content and guild vs guild conflict.

It's not a big suprize that the exact same server won't make both populations happy.

There must be customization, evolution.
ding
ding
ding
ding
ding
ding
Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it's a pain in the ass to whisper 2-3 people if they want to group? Mate, you should check out EZ EQ, I hear it's nice this time of year. You can box there. Enjoy.
CSB but ive been 50 for months... before the exp increase was added
This is moreso along trying to assist new players... You know, the whole "Server growth concept".... Should you learn about it...

Move along Mr. No one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Banned

^Reported for flaming in server chat
Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimeru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you dont like it you are playin the wrong game. i couldnt care less who you played in 1999 because it doesnt matter. i hate to break it to you but there already is an increased xp rate. go play ez server, sounds like that is what your lookin for.

Awesome you keep forgetting the part where A) I do have a 50 and have been 50 for months (before the exp growth) B) The whole entice new players, promote "Server Growth" concept seems to slip by you.... Hence why you are well.... Just bad... I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^Reported for flaming in server chat
Reported for having a banned account and making more to cause staff problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimegalg View Post
kringe always come up big.. thanks bro

wish we were guilded together n pvping but i think selena/keto carrying over some shit that happened in WoW and black listed me from holocaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 View Post
you are a prized screenshot my friend, you arent the type to just sit around afk and let it happen'
Old 04-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kringe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Move along Mr. No one.
And just what makes you Mr. Someone?
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

How is it that the staff or anyone opposed to a real exp increase cannot see that there are lots of ex-players waiting in the rafters? People are so worried about keeping their classic ghost town server that they neglect the idea's that will bring back a healthy player base to pvp with. The staff can either run a populated pvp server that the majority will play or a shitty classic server with no one on it to pvp. Evolve, or just close the server so that the few holding on to whats left can be put out of their misery.

1st order of business, increase exp x3? x5? hell even x10
2nd order of business test run ooc and yt

I'd say it was time that the staff woke up, but it seems to me that should have taken place months ago.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Like I've commented before... Does increasing the exp rate really impact the "classic" part of the game for this server? I think not. All it does is allow new players a faster way to join in and do what they actually find fun doing, which is pvp. I don't have the patience nor desire to waste probably hundreds of hours just to hit max level.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Banned

To me the problem isnt the xp rate, its the low pop that makes the leveling boring. And i think we got to this low pop by a combination of factors, main one being xp loss in pvp.

If you werent so alone all the time and getting ganked by twinks when you do see people (i havent played in 2 weeks but i would bet that is the experience people starting on the server get) and instead would be grouping, pvping alot because it doesnt set you back in the pve grind, you wouldnt be thinking that much about how long it takes to get to 50 because youre doing something that is fun while getting there. Youd still die alot, but it wouldnt set you back in the PVE grind, and this is especially important if you have no prior EQ experience as you need to play the game to learn the game. If your not engaging people because they got gear + experience at the game and 99% of the time you eat xp death, you will either stop trying to pvp or just stop playing on the server.

If you xp boost without people rezzing low health no mana, then wed have a real bind rush problem. Best solution to me would be to get rid of xp pvp loss in pvp, put low health no mana on death and slowly rebuild the population this way, as the action you will get at lower levels will keep things interesting.

This should have been done alot earlier, before you had lots of twinks running around, before people left server, but im sure it cant hurt to patch it anyway.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 04-07-2012 at 02:39 AM..
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
has harrison ever played red?

Also I've mostly soloed my monk to 40, 20 levels before the exp bonus and 20 after. I have 14 days /played. You can't expect people to invest this kinda time on a server with such thin pop.
Nope. He has never logged in Red99 once, though he did play for a whole two days beta, during which I was in his guild on Beta (Grindcore). He got a Wood Elf Druid to what? Level 8? While repeatedly got corpse camped by a Gnome Wizard named Cozmonaut. He cried about it a lot in guildchat.
Closed Thread