Planar Protector

Interesting interview tonight.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

$15 a month, still a terrible subscription model
Old 02-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$15 a month, still a terrible subscription model
Better than a cash shop, don't even try to argue otherwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

sirken is such a nerd. in that video of the stream with BMQ, he sounded like such a fanboy i had to turn it off.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Aviak

^ judgmental as phuck
Old 02-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Sarnak

so the project hit the halfway point time-wise earlier today at $313k (about 39% of goal).

I still feel pretty good they're going to make 800k and wouldn't be surprised to see 900k-1 mil when all is said and done. Looking at any "similar" kickstarter I can find on kicktraq (large budget games where they didn't fund almost immediately or obviously fail by this point) they almost universally show pledges being skewed (heavily) towards the end.

So two projects that were at a similar point at the halfway mark were The Mandate (was at 41% at half time, goal of 500k) and Godus (44% at halftime, goal of ~740k if converted to USD). Obviously both were doing slightly better at this point in time, however not by a lot.

Godus ended up getting 72% of its original goal in the second half.

The Mandate got 99%(!!!) of its original goal in the second half after being essentially in the same spot Pantheon is now.

If Pantheon were to perform similarly to Godus in the second half you'd be looking at something like 889k. If it were to perform like the Mandate we'd be looking at something like 1.105 million.

Now obviously Pantheon is its own project and the results could be very different -- but with that said, I believe as long as the team keeps up their efforts this has a high chance of funding.

Note if anyone can think of any other kickstarted games that were in a similar situation at the halfway point, with similar goals, let me know and I'll break them down too. I went through all the similarly scoped Kickstarters I could think of but most funded early on or failed completely or had to be relaunched.
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

If brad makes this comeback and succeeds, imagine where he could take this. The mmo genre could be heading down a very healthy road.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

That better be one hellova cash sprint to the finishline like some people have been saying is common with kickstarters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Large Rat

Default Pantheon G+ Community

If anyone is interested, there is a Pantheon G+ Community...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Inb4 flames... not trying to supplant p99 forums, just a place for anybody to share info about Pantheon.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Just found out about it yesterday. Pledged $250. Some of us make significantly more money than we did in 1999 and would be happy to pledge but aren't around gaming much anymore. It's a small miracle I heard about it. I hope they are doing something to try and get the word out to very part time gamers like me.

I haven't played a single MMO other than EQ for more than about a month before getting bored and quitting. Looking forward to this.

Going to install project99 for the first time once I get moved in a week or so. I heard a Pantheon guild was created. I would love to join it.
Closed Thread