Old 12-15-2017, 04:13 AM
Kobold

That comes nowhere close to anything resembling an answer to my question lol
Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

You did ask the question in RnF
Old 12-15-2017, 08:11 AM
Kobold

True i did ask here...but for simple reasons; the thread has bda in title, to pad my minimal post count some, as well add do my part and contribute to helping this thread break 1000 pages.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Post count is not padded via RNF posts. Good luck bumping that up.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Kobold

Didn't know that, interesting
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Swish still butthurt for some reason.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"most fearless P99 casual guild"? rofl - that's legit the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread.

The reason they imploded on P99 was because they didn't have a ringfenced "this is ours" Kunark rotation to sit behind, half their players jumped ship when the pixels dried up and rather than go quietly they had to declare how awful P99 raiding was (just because they couldn't compete).

Then off they went to Phinigel, where numerous old BDA raiders finally realized that the loot council system really was shit or that they weren't in the old boys club...and switched guilds.

Still you'd see Chest wall of texting about their latest accomplishments but the server died ages ago, and with BDA's "casual" players stopping or switching to Agnarr...that's a fitting end to an awful guild.

Had they stayed on P99 they would have had to fold though, the embarrassment that they couldn't compete without a rotation was probably too much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only thing you really see from Phinigel itself is some snoozy muttering from Daldaen about how a dead expansion (with bugs) is somehow really good/exciting and how it's never too late to start... lol.

Later nerds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is pretty damn close to spot on. I would add that the leadership of BDA was extremely fearful to try and compete, namely chest and anthrax. They posited that we would burn out and couldn't handle the cutthroat nature of fighting tmo/Ib. Meanwhile, we cut the throat of the class R rotation and commenced guild wide socking efforts to win raid mobs simply due to overwhelming numbers.

During this time, many vets who made up the backbone of BDA's skilled player base were hungry to go class C. We had a veteran forum where vets would regularly ask to go DKP and start trying to compete. Vet forum denigrated into a place where you aired your grievances and then got told the status quo was all we got.

There was a big demand and energy to go hard in BDA. Casual players who played full time, etc. But leadership did not properly leverage this. Essentially, chest thought he was the best puller in the world and he was only average. So we often lost FFA engages and velious content because our overly prideful leadership choked up and frequently made bad strategic decisions. Our best pullers like Yiska rightfully went to the guilds willing to use their talent. Velious created a momentary surge in population for BDA only to have skilled vets burn out once they got HoT gear and realize chest never wanted to REALLY go for anything beyond vindi/hot. The rhetoric was that we needed all backbone classes geared with hot and vindi, but it took too long to achieve that b/c loot council regularly awarded velious pixels to the old guard who rarely played instead of prioritizing active player base.

So with the inability to attract enough talent, a worsening sive effect on membership, and leadership who were afraid to fail, the guild basically died and moved to phinny, only to prolongate its inevitable demise.

I will say Chest had good intentions and certainly inspired comradery. He was not a greedy player. Just not ideally suited to lead a raid guild in an environment like p99 that favors min maxing players who seek to be the best and cut chaff.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Banned

delusional posting by papa GJ bud
Old 12-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say Chest had good intentions and certainly inspired comradery.
I think this is incomprehensible to the majority or at the very least significantly underappreciated.
Old 12-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand why BDA gets all the hate for killing off the rotation.

For the majority of the rotation BDA was never an issue and they tried hard to mediate between the smaller guilds and the more hardcore guilds (Taken/BDA/Divinity), generally siding with the smaller guilds to keep the rotation going.

When they finally officially killed the rotation, there really was no chance for saving it, except by Taken and BDA moving to Class-C (but muh play-style). The smaller guilds vision for the rotation were drastically different from Taken/Divinity/BDA's and even if they could reconcile those different visions they still had no infrastructure setup to handle adding new guilds to the rotation (many were trying to join), or a clear policy on adding/amending rules outside of having 6-8 hour summits on ventrilo.

I don't blame BDA at all for killing the rotation. It was never enjoyable to participate in the sausage making and extremely time consuming to manage. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.
Closed Thread