Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone is looking for an angle. Cornering a market is a really basic idea, but hard to do. But look at it this way, the brokers buying up all resist gems are likely also in the same guilds that require that all apps have full set of resist gear.

I am sure these same guilds/brokers are also trying to figure out some way they can rationally justify that all apps have a fungi tunic, for the same purely speculative reasons. They got the plats to corner that market, and keep that price of admission to the golden loots high.

Gatekeepers and market-schemers. A fully mature eq server at its finest.

Myself, just *try* to find a bixie wing in ec. You can't. Unless I am on. I own them all, and I have trackers in every zone killing every bixie that spawns.

Chardok 2.0, which will come out sometime around 2019, requires a bixie wing for one of its quests. I got this shit on lockdown, baby. Plats, come to papa.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alot of people don't know Jacinth have value to tradeskillers and sell them to merchants. I would check merchants at druid rings/near city entrances anywhere people might be unloading.
^^^This. I for one didn't know. I never knew they were used for anything, and just vendored them like anything else. I'll start hanging on to em.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

What BlkCamel said, as well. Just last week I saw 2 Jacinth on a merchant in Cab.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

sounds like I need to increase my jacinth price!

shameless plug! http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=164617
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 02-27-2015 at 01:56 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

jacinths are the bastard children of the quality gems

a lot of people vendor them rather than hold on to them for tradeskillers. diamonds, blue diamonds, and black sapphires all are renowned for what they do. The average player doesn't have much demand for MR rings or know that they are used for cultural armor in the first place

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The average player doesn't have much demand for MR rings or know that they are used for cultural armor in the first place
Now they do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 800pp was fair price per MR Ring, if Jacinths are now 600pp+ then the rings are going up in price also, 1kpp odd or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now they do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 800pp was fair price per MR Ring, if Jacinths are now 600pp+ then the rings are going up in price also, 1kpp odd or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 250 jc will continue selling them for 800p

/tell azeth, kashi or akmenhotep
Old 02-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 250 jc will continue selling them for 800p

/tell azeth, kashi or akmenhotep
Someone bought low....
Old 02-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

The JC market got oversaturated quickly. Dabeach, Xaleban, not to mention all the "Buying 1k and up item" resellers that have popped up and keep a full set of gear on them trying to flip it for a couple hundred pp.

Some people might get upset, and start buying up all the gems. Some people, I don't know who, might have over 400 jacinth on them.

Some people.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Closed Thread