Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Kobold

Default Newbie Warrior Haste - Silver Chitin Hand Wraps or Save for FBSS?

Hello all,

I started my first character on P1999 a couple of weeks ago, a Troll Warrior, and have been leveling and saving money relatively quickly. For background, I'm a relatively experienced player (had a 56 Warrior on EQ Mac) and have done some research but wanted to get community input.

Should I buy SCHW at 2-2.5k AS SOON AS POSSSIBLE (probably by level 20-22) or keep saving for FBSS at 4-5k (probably by 30-32)?

I've done the math and it pretty much looks like the overall cost of filling my hands and waste slot with decent items for a 20-55 warrior are overall the same...

SCHW (2k) + TBB (3k) = 13 AC + 15 AC +3 all SVs 22% Haste for 5k
FBSS (4.5k) + Crystal Chitin Gaunts (800pp) = 20 AC 10 STR and 21% Haste for 5.3k

Really comes down to whether it's worth buying a haste item sooner (I'm lvl 16 and have already saved 400pp) or whether I should hold out WITHOUT a haste item for 10 levels to get an item that will allow for more overall AC?

For reference, my weapons are solid (using Jarsath Trident and Silken Whip).

Advice?????
Old 02-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Get that SCHW asap. If you reconsider later, you can always sell it. Haste is such a biggie... not sure if you will really feel the few AC that you lose.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Kobold

Thanks dude - I think you're right when I typed it out, this is my first character on the server; You're right that haste is just way more important than min-maxing AC obsessively right now and having haste will just overall help with leveling, thereby leading to faster money generation.

Anyone else have feedback or input? Would love some more thoughts!

I'll be saving this weekend and should have the 2k by sometime next week or so! Stoked to get there and definitely enjoying P99.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Haste is really important for a warrior as it directly affects your ability to not only kill quickly, but hold aggro in groups. Having all the AC in the world doesn't mean a thing if you're not being swung at. Once you have the haste, you won't regret the purchase.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Yep. Haste items also sell pretty fast and hold their value so if you need to make gear changes later you can generally sell them pretty fast for close to what you paid.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

haste first - save for the ideal haste later
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Get a Sash of the Dragonborn later but definitely SCHW first.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

SCHW, do sky at 46 for Belt of Incontinence.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Take the 400p and buy a Staff of Battle. That will be a great weapon starting at level 20. 31/37 even without haste. After that, save for SCHW.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Kobold

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all the feedback. DONE DEAL, I'm saving for the SCHW and will buy as soon as possible, should be able to get the plat together by next week. Two points I wanted to single out as they sealed the deal in my mind.

Issar, your point in particular is about the importance of being able to maintain aggro from mobs trumping even AC - yes good call.. I've been in a few groups where I simply can't get the mob to pay complete attention to me. Great point!

RDawg816, YES definitely going to get a Staff of Battle, but after I buy the SCHW I think. My current weapons feel very strong and were also super affordable. Agreed that Staff + haste will rock!
Closed Thread