Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Aviak

Question Realistic income expectations for a 60 SK

Hi all:

My main character on this server is a 40-something SK, and I am slowly but surely solo-ing my way to 60.

Not knowing much about the "end game" economy, and not knowing much about the velious expansion at all, I'm hoping to start a list of realistic cash camps (either vendor cash loot, or high-value rare-drop player items) that I can solo here on p99.

My available playtime doesn't let me raid (at all), so my "end game" gear will be purchased in EC. Many of these items are 50k (or more) in plat. What i'm trying to figure out is; what will I be soloing at 60 to make money for those types of capital purchases?

Here are the limitations to consider:
1. 60 DEF SHD solo
2. Non-planar gear, no epic, no regen BP, no pre-nerf CoS, etc.
3. Average player skill level (not inept, but not a SK guru either)

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

EDIT:
I will continue to update the OP here with a summary of suggestions as they come in.
Last edited by Syrie; 03-15-2017 at 03:50 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Best way to make money is to make 2-3 close friends that play complementing classes and go hunt lucrative places for item/spell/gem drops in your 50s.

Trying to farm cash solo on a SK will be boring and inefficient. Find a duo/trio to build groups off of and profit.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Aviak

I completely agree that soloing as a SK is not the most efficient way to make cashola, and regular farming groups are much more efficient. We're 100% on the same page.
However, I'm asking for solo camp advice - even though I know it's slow, inefficient, and painful. Masochistic, even.

Sadly my EQ playtime is sporadic; I get random hours here and there to play. Even when online, I randomly need to AFK, and will be gone for varying amounts of time.
Guild raiding is impossible. Finding a regular group is impossible. Finding a group at all is a luxury.
My EQ life is solo for now, so I'm trying to live within that and still get some enjoyment from gear upgrades in the late-game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

If you're limiting yourself to solo, then your best options are probably the same ones available to my paladin - i'm sure there are some others you could fear kite but I don't have experience with those.

Basically, I've found the following cash camps that are easily soloable with a level 60 knight:

Lguk - Ghoul Arch Magus - Shining Metallic Robes ~2k (rare spawn, rare drop)
Lguk - Frenzy - FBSS ~4k (rare spawn, rare drop, harder camp)
Lguk - Ghoul Lord - SBSS and SSoY ~500/ea (uncommon spawn, guaranteed drops, harder camp)
Lguk - Ghoul Supplier - TBB ~2k (rare spawn, rare drop)

Kaesora - Xalgoz - Staff of the Dreaded Gaze ~25-30k (uncommon spawn, ultra rare drop, can also sell HS key MQs)

Droga - Soothsayer Whateverthefuckhisnameis - Earring of Essence ~3k (rare spawn, rare drop)
Droga - Chief and Bodyguard - Idol of the Thorned ~3k and Gauntlets of Potence ~1.5k (uncommon spawns, rare drops)

Sol A - Grab an Earthshaker and a damage shield and pull 25 goblins. AE/slash them down and then sell the ore at the druid rings. ~500pp per hour depending on ore drops and if there are people xp'ing in the zone.

There are other more challenging camps you can attempt like soloing nameds in HS but the above are all very consistent and doable.
Downsides: Most are camped quite often, and the cash isn't stellar - expect to get a single ~2-3k pp drop every 4-6 hours depending on your luck.
Upsides: All of the camps are stupid easy, with the exception of ghoul lord, and have relatively long respawn timers (especially Lguk), so you can clear the camp in 2-3 minutes then Netflix for the next 20-25 mins.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Last edited by Shodo; 03-15-2017 at 05:07 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Solo only?

-Seafuries very slowly for gem drops.
-Hill giants for plat
-dumpster diving low end green content for low value sellables ranging from a few hundred plat to at best a couple of thousand.
-dumpster diving green cons to sell fine steel or sell tradeskill materials.

Shadowknight dps isn't great. You'll spend a lot of time medding just to kill slowly on anything other than green content without a lot of expensive twinking. For specific items think drops from Droga (green at 60), rare LOIO stuff like bracer of the hidden and gobby ring (few thousand each), jboots to MQ once you can handle the AC and if you're willing to wait for the camp.

The SK class just isn't ideal for solo farming.

PS: Shodo's post above is excellent.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 03-15-2017 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you solo'd hill giants till green (51), solo'd level 40 dwarf guards till green (55) and solo'd level 45 dwarf guards through 60 (still blue), by the end of it you'd have probably around 30k plat from vendoring weapons and coin drop. But, as an SK you'll have banking woes, so you'll want to buy a OT Hammer at 50 (which you should do anyway) to bank and pay for a port back to BB. That's super casual some loot while you exp, but it's nothing great as far as loot goes, it's just a bonus. Just be sure to vendor at the druid ring before hammering to OT, the OT vendors only give you half plat for sales.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Aviak

These are fantastic recommendations, thank you Troxx, Shodo, and Ravager for getting this list going!
Last edited by Syrie; 03-15-2017 at 05:59 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

To the above lists, at level 60 you can add a few other areas as well. A couple which come to mind are some of the named camps in Velketor (crystal eyes in particular is readily SK-soloable even with mediocre equipment) as well as phase spiders in Dragon Necropolis for the occasional carapace drop. Geonids and suits in wakening land are doable. I list these as examples of areas which remain blue /con to 60.

All Shadow Knight solo farming will be slow and inefficient relative to the stronger solo classes. I don't see why you'd want to go to the fuss of trying to deck yourself out with expensive items if all you plan on doing is more solo farming. Tank classes like having people around.

Danth
Old 03-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

It's not geared specifically towards Shadow Knights, but if none of the great suggestions already given works for you there's lots of ideas for places to make plat in the http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Reroll an ench get rich and twink the sk is the best answer.
Ssepticbank - Trader <Azure Guard>
Closed Thread