Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Default Captain Rohand faction

This seems to be a faction bug with probably what faction Captain Rohand and possibly what many of the other merchants in south qeynos are on.

I did this quest:

Rohand's Brandy

With about 10 stacks of brandy (think it was 12 but 10 for sure). I started out dubious with Captain Rohand and ended dubious with Captain Rohand. The quest did max out my faction with both the Qeynos guards and the merchants of Qeynos but yet nothing changed with Rohand himself.

I went out into South Qeynos and tested a number of merchants and they all seem to be dubious as well. Walk up into north Qeynos and many if not most of the merchants are ally.

If you look at this post:

Single turn in

Someone went from apprehensive to indifferent with Captain Rohand. Now obviously this could just be due to the tradefolk faction hit or something but at 2 a pop it seems unlikely. Also there are a couple other posts talking about how easy it is to move up a faction level with "merchants" with this quest which would seem like they wouldn't be going from turn in guy to north qeynos to check their faction (not impossible just unlikely).

Mechant levels post

Another mention merchant faction

There are some other posts but the general theme here seems to be that all merchants (or at least so many as to be considered all) go up when using this quest. I have a feeling that this means that many if not most of the merchants in south qeynos should be on the merchants of qeynos faction but are not. At the very least it seems like Captain Rohand himself should be on this faction.

Forgot to mention Iksar Monk was the character doing the turn ins.
Last edited by cubiczar; 03-25-2017 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Charactor Reference
Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Developer

Corrected several merchant factions in South Qeynos.
Fixed, pending update.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Kobold

Cool thanks, can you say what faction those merchants are currently on? It's weird cause I've worked faction in qeynos pretty hard and in general I'm either ready to attack or apprehensive or better. The exception being those merchants sitting at dubious.
Last edited by cubiczar; 03-26-2017 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Developer

They were on QeynosCitizen
Old 03-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Kobold

Hmm interesting, can you check this list of NPC's for me, they are all ready to attack for me even though the merchants are dubious. Or do the merchants just bottom out at dubious for some reason?

Qeynos Citizens
Last edited by cubiczar; 03-26-2017 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Forgot the link
Old 03-26-2017, 11:20 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm interesting, can you check this list of NPC's for me, they are all ready to attack for me even though the merchants are dubious. Or do the merchants just bottom out at dubious for some reason?

Qeynos Citizens
Correct, merchants never go below dubious no matter their main faction.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Ahh ok, I didn't realize merchants never went below dubious, that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread