Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Orc

Default Hi all - Question!

Hi friends,

I have a question I want to ask before I get started on the p99 Blue server. I have tried out Red99 a bit and its very hit or miss as far as community goes. I like the added PvP aspect of the game (it has its downsides/quirks - but a lot of upside too such as fighting over spawns and raids!) but the amount of players is just too darn small and finding people to play with is too hard.

I wanted to know if there are any "discord" guilds or players out there on Blue99. Is there a section of the playerbase devoted to that or do they just rather play on Red99 instead?

Also, how does discord work on p99 blue? Is it much like Live where if you go Discord you can no longer group with other non-discord players? I must admit I do not remember that time much at all as I'm rather "new" to EQ again.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Aviak

If you want to do PvP all the time, you really need to go red. I haven't seen any discord only guilds on blue myself. I occasionally, very rarely see a red tagged person run by but that would be rare. You can always go to the arena if the mood desired though.

both servers have their ups and downs... just up to you on the importance of them.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

You're not gonna have much luck going discord on P99 Blue. You're right, you can't group with non-discord players, can't receive buffs from them, basically can't meaningfully interact with them. And no one is tagged discord, and there are no discord guilds. If you want a big, bustling community you go P99 Blue and destroy your tome of order and discord; if you want PVP, you go red and deal with the crappy population.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Kobold

Or Start 2 discord guilds with alts and actively promote them both so you have not only the PVP aspect, but an "enemy" to fight... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Krey