Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-07-2014, 01:02 PM
Aviak

Default Trying to install on Laptop

Hey guys I'm headed out of town for a few weeks and can only bring my gf's laptop to play on. What would be the easiest way to put the client on her PC?

Is it possible to copy all of it to a data stick and just transfer it that way? Or should I just start the long DL process now?
Old 10-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Project Manager

You can copy/paste the folder with no install needed.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

copy entire p99 folder to flashdrive then just make a new shortcut with the patchme in it for her desktop
Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

or just play from the flashdrive..i have sub 30 second loading times and rename the execs to autoexec.exe to keep the IT Nazis off my back for getting my game on
Old 10-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Aviak

Awesome guys! Thanks for the info.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or just play from the flashdrive..i have sub 30 second loading times and rename the execs to autoexec.exe to keep the IT Nazis off my back for getting my game on
You will still need to make a new shortcut as most likely the old shortcut in the EQ folder will try routing you to C:\somewhere
Old 10-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will still need to make a new shortcut as most likely the old shortcut in the EQ folder will try routing you to C:\somewhere
If he never had the program installed on his laptop before then he most likely doesn't already have shortcuts. Just make a shortcut of the launcher on your desktop or just launch it right from the drive. The software doesn't require registry entries to work.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he never had the program installed on his laptop before then he most likely doesn't already have shortcuts. Just make a shortcut of the launcher on your desktop or just launch it right from the drive. The software doesn't require registry entries to work.
Correct. But you need to make a shortcut to add the patchme part in the target. Either way when you copy over to a new pc you have to make a new shortcut if your putting it on the pc or just playing from the drive and want one on your desktop screen.

Edit: at one time i had a shortcut file in my EQ folder and would just copy/paste it to desktop and change the target drive letter. Either way old or new shortcut something will have to be editted in it.
Last edited by Thulack; 10-09-2014 at 03:54 PM..