Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda wanna try a raiding wizard but I have heard they suffer the same fate as here... no groups. I don't want to quad slowly on a TLP that is going to be dead in 2 years with a krono economy and people that pump and dump progression then leave. Maybe if I could come back in 4 years to a healthy playerbase but lets be honest TLP servers that aren't "current" are full of creepy loners lost in time and aren't really healthy enough to support raids/economies. These kinda vibes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqel0k0NzNU#t=1m21s

I'd do mage but apparently pets are super fucking gimped and non classic, also that their damage counts as aggro for the mage so they die constantly. Not to mention the nerf that the more pets attacking a mob the gimpier they get and a million other things.

Those are the only 2 classes I could probably stomach and even then the best parts of PoP (slow AA grind, slow gearing, slow progression, bazaar economy being healthy because not everyone was raid geared/being undermined by krono, more socialization, etc) have been easy buttoned so hard that the end of the journey will be a BIS wizard in welfare standing alone in the EC tunnel (or PoK) I never get attached to, maybe a couple kronos to repeat the entire process over again on the "new one" that comes out then. These people effectively skip the most rewarding parts of the game and are max level and raiding within 72 hours (or 40 hours in the case of Vox/naggy on level 34 mages)... there aren't even any cosmetic rewards or epeen scores for doing this that transfer over to the "new" TLP in ~12-18 months.

I love "ladder" style game play in things like PoE or Diablo 2 but they translate horribly to games like EverQuest. It feels so... hollow? like the fun isn't in the journey but the destination. Taking the Ever out of Everquest and turning it into a speed run. Like, it's not even classic so rogues are going to get shit on class balance and everything is predictable. At least PoE had leagues with actual game changing rule sets and MTC rewards that you could take to the next one.

tl;dr
Will I be able to at least get groups on my Wizard or will I be sitting there LFG while people play the same few power gaming min/max classes?
Yeah the ooc regen on live is a lot better then it was on p99. obviously the neckbeards will take a mage first but you shouldn't have any problems leveling a wizard on agnarr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do hybrid tanks work there?
Elfpals guild hmu
Paladin - Best budget tank (the preferred tank for low end content)
Shadowknight - Best mid range / high end 6 man tank
Warrior - Best raid tank
Last edited by Grubbz; 05-24-2017 at 06:42 AM..
Old 05-24-2017, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

also are there any decent UIs that work over there? Couldnt seem to get duxaui to work
Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also are there any decent UIs that work over there? Couldnt seem to get duxaui to work
eqinterface.com

heaps there, choose your style.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eqinterface.com

heaps there, choose your style.
I had a browse through most of them look like shit, nothin sleek
Old 05-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

I'll be playing on agnarr! Planning on gnome wizard. Anyone wanna group up? Or form a static party? I've got a week off from work and I'm ready to level!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Banned

Less then 5 hours to go.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I had a browse through most of them look like shit, nothin sleek
get the t.king with animated steampunk gifs
Old 05-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Banned

Apply at facelessgaming.org if you're looking for a guild.

Little over an hour till launch.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I love "ladder" style game play in things like PoE or Diablo 2 but they translate horribly to games like EverQuest. It feels so... hollow? like the fun isn't in the journey but the destination. Taking the Ever out of Everquest and turning it into a speed run. Like, it's not even classic so rogues are going to get shit on class balance and everything is predictable. At least PoE had leagues with actual game changing rule sets and MTC rewards that you could take to the next one.

tl;dr
Will I be able to at least get groups on my Wizard or will I be sitting there LFG while people play the same few power gaming min/max classes?
One of the first things I learned about gaming forums is their loaded with BS that gets passed on like the God's honest truth. It was just the God's honest truth that Warriors were the best tanks, and SKs and Paladins would struggle to find groups. It was the God's honest truth for most of live as I remember it according to forums.

Then the retarded forum crew finally figured out the nuance between group tanking and raid tanking. Now its true that Warriors aren't good at anything but raiding and you can't find groups with them. And they will go on believing that shit for awhile. Meanwhile, you can /w around a server and find out pretty quickly a whole host of warriors are doing just fine.

A lot of people don't even write that much except on game forums. So they think their exaggerations and stupid memes makes them "good at arguing" (or worse, the guys that think their cool and edgy). Even when someone knows a lot about EQ -- they are often terrible at constructing arguments or even paragraphs about it. The vast majority of the time, they are just parrots anyway. They don't try to confirm the information for themselves. Pay attention when someone tells you something like "x is the best" but can't articulate the logic behind "x is the best."

I guess what I'm trying to say is. Just play the game and you will find the forums aren't all that representative of the reality. Most people won't be playing with some perfect premade static group and never talk to anyone else. Those are small minority that are a hell of a lot easier to ignore on TLP than p99.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 05-24-2017 at 03:51 PM..
Old 05-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

I got the "Nemesis" UI working (eqinterface.com), it's not as slick as Duxa but looks like a reasonable alternative.
Closed Thread