Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-18-2024, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Got sick of paying for tlp and heard there is a free classic server. Thinks how hard can it be!
Old 04-18-2024, 11:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you wanted more.active players you would set an xp bonus during the times of lower population
So only xp bonus during off peak times, when people are sleeping or at work.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveslug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So only xp bonus during off peak times, when people are sleeping or at work.
Yeah, exactly.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This is one of the problems with the EverQuest TLPs. The scheduled XP boost periods are so predictable that it genuinely feels bad to play the game outside of them. I found myself exclusively playing on Memorial Day weekend, Christmas etc. because the exp was so much insanely faster that it felt like you were punishing yourself by trying to play the game outside of them.

I would like to see hot zones, or ZEMs adjusted for certain dungeons though. My classicc experience when EverQuest was new was staying in Karnor's Castle and then going to Sebilis until level 60 basically. Kind of made me sad to realize no one groups in Sebilis the way they did on live back in the day. Also I don't think it was really viable for high level characters to be leveling in Karnor's castle the way they do on P99.

I tried to stay in KC as long as I could on Tunare server back in the day and the exp pretty much stopped moving at level 54, and getting to 54 was pushing it pretty severely. If I recall the only meaningful exp in the zone at that point was the basement.

I just want that nostalgic feeling of going to Sebilis and getting PUGs at the entrance, or hanging out at bugs and chit chatting with the group there, and hoping someone would leave so I could join etc.

I wonder also if that would affect the economy, if Sebilis became a thing on P99. Like I regularly got crypt groups as a rogue, so I don't know if Torpor, Heiro Cloak, and Fungus tunic would be super rare and expensive if groups were leveling there like clockwork.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

The EXP boost weekends are predictable here too though
Old 04-22-2024, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Usually just during Christmas break, correct?
Old 04-22-2024, 11:45 AM
Banned

Sunset the project and give everyone 100% exp and make named always spawn x double drop rates 100% of the time on all good items. (like FBSS)
Old 04-22-2024, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Nah I feel like they do it on most holiday weekends in the US (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, etc.). I don't think it's 100% always a boost at those times but I feel like over the years it's been pretty good odds that there will be.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's true. I think the problem on TLP is that they are way more... frequent and more powerful. I remember on July 4th weekend leveling an Enchanter 1-60 in like 2 days.... and then getting burned out when I tried to level my next character and there's no boost active. I think I spent more time getting to level 25 on my Cleric than I did getting to 60 on my Enchanter. It felt like being punished if you leveled outside of those windows, lol.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Lets just have a "start a level 60" option and a vendor that sells raid loot at the EC tunnel
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang