Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Inny before it became Nameless, so welcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You know everyone is male until proven female in theory but in actuality people are nicer to female avatars and if you have to stare at the backside of something in skimpy armor all day it might as well be female right? ;p
You could play a male spellcaster since they're all cross dressers.

But hey Lindsay, I'm also going to be starting up soon so you won't be the only sort-of-newb on the server. If you're going to be in the Qeynos aquaducts you might even find me bumbling around down there since I think I've made up my mind to play a human necro starting in qeynos.

And since I'm posting let me ask a quick question because I can't remember. Does the qubert quest give bad faction with the necro guild. I'm thinking it does but it's been such a long time.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Lindsay this is as close as you will get to what it was like in 1999. Get your hands on a copy of Titanium and you will not regret it.

When you log in for the first time you will just sit there, staring at your screen with your jaw hanging, having all kinds of flashbacks...

Trust me....

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Carouselle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to note, not a girl
We have enough bloke, don't feel obliged to join us :P

Joke aside, the game is extremely close to Classic 99 EQ. The devs are working their arse off to stick to the reality as much as possible with just a few exception (for example the swords summoned by magicians won't proc on everything like they used to) but almost everything is the same, down to the extensions and new zone release order. The general statement is that they will keep on that idea but will not develop the server past Velious as Luclin is when the game started to go downhill for a lot of people.

Hope this answers your question. Welcome aboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nagash
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Can't wait for Tank class taunt to be fixed in Kunark.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Carouselle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I figured if I was going to be looking at the backside of a 'toon, it'd better be a lady's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You played in 3rd person back in 1999? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerzi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You played in 3rd person back in 1999? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me too, whats the deal?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Just to note, not a girl, but all of my old characters were female. I figured if I was going to be looking at the backside of a 'toon, it'd better be a lady's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a guild mate in AO that had the same philosophy.

================
Maestron lowbie Enchanter
Fissel Even lower Druid
Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Just to note, not a girl, but all of my old characters were female. I figured if I was going to be looking at the backside of a 'toon, it'd better be a lady's. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I never played in full screen and I much prefered to play with the spell bars and chat windows outside of the gameplay window. Can't remember the exact name of that particular view, but it was the one that the game started you out in upon first entry. Is that one still available or do I have to use full screen?

I've been watching some videos of Project1999 in action and I must say it's looking great. Trying to find one representative of Level 1 Qeynos, but I'm coming up with nothing. I spent a lot of time in the sewers beneath Qeynos and I think I remember my way around in there still.

Good to hear that the game's going up to Velious.
OMG. You're talking about the old-style UI. You must be one of the 5% that liked it. I for one am glad I don't have to use it. But, no, it's not available. The titanium client DOES look mostly like the classic fullscreen window, though. But you have to download the UI changes (just follow the instructions in the forum).

The one benefit I can see to the old-style UI is that it labels all of the buttons and you don't have to do any mouse-overs or clicks or keys to see the UI. The only downside to modern UI's is that often times they take a little longer to get used to because functionality is often buried inside a context menu or elements aren't clearly labeled (they're usually an icon), but they offer more functionality and usually consume less screen space.

Honestly, would you let something small like this stop you?

Here're the setup instructions:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 12-07-2010 at 02:17 PM..
Old 12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Large Bat

You can use /viewport setting to still get your hotbars and junk out of your field of view. if you want.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just to note, not a girl
I'm out