Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Default I is disapprove of The Loot Rights

Occasionally there's an auction about someone wanting this and that much for Pegasus Cloak at SK, or /shout about the same. Some occasions seen similiar crap on other places (a group in Lguk telling ppl they'd sell loot rights for DE mask if it drops, forgot the details on that one... was before the thing got nerfed).

...Which bugs the crap out of me. If you're parading around SK, spot Quill, kill it, cloak drops, you got one already, can't you simply /shout or /ooc that it's rotting here at loc this and that, first come first serve? The whole "WTS loot rights" on something that has 4min chance for whomever to get there is imo idiotic. I wouldn't feel particularly sorry if some pack of lowbies parked next to the corpse and forced you to lock down the corpse until it rotted.

Now I don't have a problem with you selling the loot rights if you're going to camp it for someone. Like, a ranger promises that for 2k he'll keep spawning/killing the flighty mammal until it drops the cloak, and then the customer can loot it. That's OK. That's fine. But if you're otw to splitpaw and find the mob roaming and kill it, then the whole opportunistic "WTS Loot rights" is BS. Pisses me off.

[/rant]
Old 05-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Orc

similar*
Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Large Bat

Oh you mean like Inglourious Basterds trying to sell rotting raid loot in auction?

Yea it's pretty lame alright, but man nothing beats having like a MILLION PLAT in your bank, aaaahrhrhrhr SO AWESOME!!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
similar*
Damn Serith, go troll our drunk daddy instead okay?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

I think camping a mob you don't need with a pre-determined person to pay for the loot would be more of the dickish thing to do :/

Saying that I used to sell loot rights stuff back on live, it's a decent way to make money. People pay for stuff they didn't have to camp themselves... I don't really see a losing party in it, where as if someone is taking the camp with the sole purpose of killing it and having someone else loot it for money. That seems slightly more wrong to me as you're preventing someone who might want to camp it for themselves. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerithCantSpell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you mean like Inglourious Basterds trying to sell rotting raid loot in auction?

Yea it's pretty lame alright, but man nothing beats having like a MILLION PLAT in your bank, aaaahrhrhrhr SO AWESOME!!!!!
Yeah*
Oh,*
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like, a ranger promises that for 2k he'll keep spawning/killing the flighty mammal until it drops the cloak
[/rant]
What ranger? I'd pay 2k for that right now.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

I paid greenranger 500p for mine!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Some ranger was doing it for 1k months back, but he failed and gave up after some 30mins.
Camped it meself twice since it's actually suprisingly easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying that I used to sell loot rights stuff back on live, it's a decent way to make money. People pay for stuff they didn't have to camp themselves...
Ain't that essentially the same thing as camping a droppable item you don't need and selling it afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems slightly more wrong to me as you're preventing someone who might want to camp it for themselves. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aaaand if you're selling loot rights, it usually means that while some guy was after the item, you took the camp and then want him to pay for whatever drops from the camp that you didn't need. So essentially it drops, it's gonna rot, but you're demanding him to pay you or you'll destroy it or whatever.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some ranger was doing it for 1k months back, but he failed and gave up after some 30mins.
Camped it meself twice since it's actually suprisingly easy.

Ain't that essentially the same thing as camping a droppable item you don't need and selling it afterwards?

Aaaand if you're selling loot rights, it usually means that while some guy was after the item, you took the camp and then want him to pay for whatever drops from the camp that you didn't need. So essentially it drops, it's gonna rot, but you're demanding him to pay you or you'll destroy it or whatever.
Yeah it is essentially the same as camping a droppable item, you're spending your time to do it etc etc. so i don't see why you shouldn't charge for it.

I'd like to think that whatever you're camping, there will be someone willing to pay for it. It serves no purpose to hold out on a fixed price for loot rights as if you don't sell it it does indeed rot, hence why a negotiable price is usually employed.

Easiest way to get rid of people selling loot rights would be for no one to offer to pay for them when they do drop... but of course we know that doesn't happen, hence why people auction loot rights in the first place [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Whilst it is implied that the alternative to having no one buy the loot rights is that the person lets it rot, I would be highly surprised if this was actually the case.

I enchant things...
Closed Thread