Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default South Karana Nameds

On P99 you see the nameds in South Karana all the time. When Green99 comes out it would be cool if this was changed to how live was so the server do not get flooded with loot that should have been rarer.

Disclaimer: I have not hunted these nameds that much on P99 so I do not know if these are working as intented. But I think that some of the new info might be helpful. Some guy has been hunting nameds in South Karana and posted a lot of helpful information.

From allakhazam posts the PHs for nameds should spawn in various locations every time within are relatively small area. I think that PHs for the nameds on p99 are static except Quillmane. Correct me if I am wrong.

Grizzleknot:

Spawn location:

“Typical Grizzleknot spawn area (78 second cycle). Grizzleknots PH's pop anywhere along the east wall of the zone. Most of the PH's for Grizzleknot pop in the northeast but they can also pop in the southeast. But the PH's always pop towards to east wall of the zone. Expect lots of lions and lionesses on this cycle.”
http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Quillmane

“Grizzle PH spawn in the NE part of the zone on the 60-70s spawn time like most of the other named in SK. From east or even with the centaur town AND north of the hermit hut all the way to the water in north. I killed 76 PH before he spawned.”

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3672

PH list:
“PH are as follows, number of spawns in brackets:
1. a lioness [21]
2. a lion [17]
3. a mist wolf [5]
4. an escaped splitpaw [14]
5. an elephant [5]
6. a cyclops [1]
7. aviak's (any random) [5]
8. centaur's (any random) [2]
9. a shadown wolf [6]

The spawn cycle was: 1 1 2 1 3 1 1 6 5 7 4 8 2 1 3 1 9 2 4 2 1 2 1 4 4 9 7 4 4 5 1 1 3 1 2 2 1 4 1 3 9 3 4 1 2 2 9 9 2 1 1 4 9 2 4 5 8 2 5 4 4 7 1 1 1 5 7 2 2 2 2 2 4 4 7 1 GRIZZLE

So PH is mostly lion, lioness, and escaped splitpaw. If you find yourself on extreme east part of map running between hermit and north water then you are on the correct cycle. Good luck!”
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3672

Groi Gutblade:
On p99 he has 1 ph, a lion, on a 20 min timer in the NW. It seems kinda weird that a rare named would have 1 PH. He also just wanders up and down the west wall where he should wander the whole zone like the rest of the nameds.

Picture on allakhazam shows him wandering by the water in the north.

“He was walking south north of the two hills the gnolls hang out on to the west of the spires at the entrance to the lair”

A lot of sightings near paw from others comments.

“He's aggro range is quite wide, sam him up on a hill by the skelly camp, didn't need to arrow pull him, he was still out of my range, the ****** turns straight at me with a simultaneous cast of fear.”

“he spawns, found him today near the hermits”

“My group and I were harvesting the Aviak Villiage over the weekend. It must've been Avocet/Harrier Weekend since that's what spawned most of the time there. Anyway, we'd just pulled a Harrier when this 'uge Troll (is there any other kind?) runs up to us and starts smacking us around”

Aggro to Birds:
“yes he does spawn still my group killed him tonight it looks like aviaks do not like him because they all jumped him so i think he may spawn more often. But if he gets near KFC he may get killed before others can get he”

Marik Clubthorn:

Spawn location:
“PH spawn in the SE part of the map (south of wizard spire, east or even with Splitpaw) on the same timer as a lot of named 60-70s. It took me 69 PH to get him to spawn.”

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3675

“Found another down south east for Marik Clubthorne”

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/z...at=44#Comments

PH list:
“PH were as follows, number of spawns in brackets:
1. a splitpaw gnoll [18]
2. a lion [7]
3. centaur (random, any) [8]
4. a shadow wolf [5]
5. an adult elephant [10]
6. a lioness [13]
7. mist wolf [1]
8. aviak (random, any) [7]
9. cyclops [1]

Spawn cycle was 2 1 1 1 3 3 3 4 1 5 2 4 6 7 5 5 1 6 4 6 1 1 3 1 8 2 6 1 1 3 8 6 5 1 6 5 8 4 1 2 2 2 9 2 5 1 8 6 1 6 8 5 6 5 1 4 8 1 6 1 3 1 8 5 8 MARIK

He spawned east of Splitpaw at -3800, -1200 at 1PM game time. Most of his PH are a splitpaw gnoll (live) lioness and an adult elephant. Good luck!”

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3675

Mroon:
On p99 he is spawned by killing the roaming cyclops, I think. Correct if I am wrong.

"Mroon PH spawn in the SE part of the zone on the 60-70 second spawn time like most of the other named in SK. To know where his PH spawn Shuraz said "Draw an east west line at the hermit house and all phs were south of it. Draw a north south line just east of the Aviak village and all phs were east of it. So Mroons phs all spawned in the south south east area - but they can path all over the zone" on the comment section for the zone" . I found this to be really accurate for finding the cycle. However I had a hard time getting on the cycle (took me 2 hours). What I ended up doing is killing all mobs in SE of zone until they became an adult elephant, a bull elephant, or an elephant calf since those were not in spawn cycle and then watching for other mobs to wander through SE area."

PH list:
PH for Mroon were as follows, number of spawns in brackets:
1. a treant [1]
2. a shadow wolf [2]
3. a cyclops [1]
4. an undead cyclops [3]
5. aviak (any random) [1]
6. a mist wolf [1]
7. an escaped splitpaw gnoll [5]
8. a lioness [9]
9. a lion [2]
10. centaur (any, random) [2]
11. an elephant [1]

The spawn cycle for me was: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 8 8 4 8 9 10 7 11 4 2 8 8 8 8 9 7 8 7 7 10 MROON

So a lot of lioness and escaped as usual for named here, but also was an undead cyclops in cycle which I didn't see before. Once you get on cycle it goes fast since PH are pretty close. Good Luck!
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3679

Synger Foxfyre:
Synger spawns on the 60-70s spawn cycle like a lot of named mobs in SK. Her PH spawn in the middle west part of the zone, North of Splitpaw, but South of Bards Baenar Swiftsong. I did not see any PH spawns east of centaur village. Keep in mind this is only where the PH spawn. Like all named PH here once they spawn they wander all over zone. It took me 27 PH to spawn Synger.

PH list:
PH are as follows, number of spawns in brackets:
1. a lion [5]
2. centaur (any random) [2]
3. an escaped splitpaw gnoll [10]
4. a lioness [4]
5. a mist wolf [1]
6. an adult elephant [2]
7. a shadow wolf [2]
8. aviak (any random) [1]

The spawn cycle for me was: 1 2 3 1 3 4 5 6 4 3 3 7 8 3 7 2 1 6 3 3 4 1 1 3 4 3 3 SYNGER

Synger spawned at -254, -818 at 5 AM.

So if you are in the middle/west part of zone and getting a lot of escaped splitpaw gnolls spawning in the boundaries I set above you are probably on the right cycle. Good Luck!
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3317
Old 04-06-2018, 04:57 AM
Aviak

Do you have ANY classic info to support this ? the posts you ref to are 2018 or 2017 at best...and from same poster....
Last edited by Just facts; 04-06-2018 at 05:01 AM..
Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

This is a bad thread. You need to test these spawns in game to see how they differ from how you think they should work, and you need to post in era evidence.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

OP it appears from your post count that you're new here, so let me try and explain things in a nicer way.

Subjectively I too feel like I've seen nameds in SK more often than I did on live (and I spent a lot of time in that zone on both). At the same time though, it's also been over 15 years, and I've smoked a lot of pot in-between, so of course the devs need more than just our memories, they need evidence. The problem was, all of the evidence you provided was invalid.

Project 1999 emulates EverQuest from 1999-2001. LOTS of changes to the game happened after 2001. If you want to show that Project 1999 is failing to emulate classic properly (and the devs do not have everything perfect, so there certainly are opportunities to improve things) you need to provide evidence from before 2002.

You could stick to Allakhazam comments with an old date, but most people use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to gather data from various sources while ensuring that it only comes from the classic period. But however you do your research I hope this thread doesn't discourage you, because the server can always use people willing to spend time to make it more classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Fair enough. I see your points. However, I still do not see why or when the PHs cycles should have been changed from classic – now, but yea no evidence which is fair enough. I just thought it was cool that some guy actually took the time to figure out old spawn cycles even though it is on live. And thanks for the replies. Now I know that I need to up my game if I want to bug report.

But, on Groi Gutblade roaming the zone:

“Was med under tree house when this troll jumped me. Didnt cast any spells, Con Blue to me at lvl 30. Took him out very easy and he dropped a lions hide pack(8 slot 35% weight reduction) and a leather wrist band.”
07/29/2000

“Groi "popped" on me just as i was coming over a hill half way between paw and grimrot”
09/10/2000

“Ugly bastard jumped myself and the lvl 22 Barbarian warrior I was grouped with at Hermit House.”
11/03/2000

“I ran into him the other day...should have gotten a screenshot. I was oom so I coulnd't fight him. He conned blue to a 26. must be 25 or so. He was hanging around the Paw. My bro hasn't seen him in over a year Real Time”
12/06/2000

“I tracked this guy from the Paw entrance the other day. The main reason why people don't see him unless they are attacked is because he has a HUGE agro range (headed my way as soon as he came into view).. and this sucker is quick... he runs like he's sowed”
03/13/2001

http://web.archive.org/web/200112172...how&BID=110564