Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

in summation, unless you're on the receiving end of a CH rotation, stack AC over HP.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in summation, unless you're on the receiving end of a CH rotation, stack AC over HP.
Quit screwing around on the forums and just come back and play the game, Azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

just a tip -- you should probably not ever listen to ektar, he doesn't even have full LR
Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit screwing around on the forums and just come back and play the game, Azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love eq so much, and that is why i cannot play.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Someone settle this:

For a Wood Elf Warrior, Indicolite Helm or Skull Shaped Barbute?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sv magic is pretty out of control, go with that regardless of hp/ac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone settle this:

Depends on situation. Generally, I'd say Indicolite because the AC difference is very substantive.

When MR is needed, SSB.

At 60, 35 hp is relatively meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good way to think of it when choosing upgrades is 1 ac = approximately 7hp worth of usefulness. Therefore, a GER is a little bit worse than a 5ac/55hp ring for tanking.

This is a ballpark figure though.

Also, you should prioritize HP/resists in fights with high damage AEs or casters and AC on fights where it's primarily melee damage you are worrying about.
This is an old old arguement going way back on the Steel warrior forums! I myself having played a Warrior end game raiding from Kunark until mid last year when I found this server! and quit live right away!
AC is all about damage mitigation and over the many years our tanking team parsed hundreds of raid encounters and grp fights using AC vs HPs tanks and found that the total damage dealt to the HP whores over the AC whores was vast!

I myself have always counted AC first and HPs second, beyond this a tanks only real concern is of course agro.

I noticed that the ratio quoted above is 7hp to 1ac, if you look at the old threads from the kunark era it is widely suggested that the ratio is more like 5hp to 1ac...but in truth no one knows 100% for sure. While others claim its a different ratio for each of the tank types, based on the defensive skill. Warrior being the best followed by the Hybrids....

So while I agree HPs are needed, without a good AC you will be more of a mana drain on your grp and/or raid, and for the few people that can account for this I know when I am playing my Shadow knight Ache I have noticed a vast improvement in how much punishment he can now take with his new AC based twink set over his old HP based twink set(pre kunark).

Hey thats just my 2cp...I have no doubt others have there own opinions.

Peace..

Ache 30 Shadowknight

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Someone settle this:

As I have stated, I work on the ratio 5/1, that said I am still an AC whore at heart and I myself opted for the raw AC 21 on my Blood ember helm, over the 13ac 35hp Svm +10 on the SSB.

But my answer to the above is use none of them! get a

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The raid one sucks balls! and that is putting it politely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Someone settle this:

You can get a couple more points of AC from a Sarnak Headguard. Or throw out the SSB for a Tranix Crown (+20) if Magic Resist is important. Nobody really wants an indicolite helmet, other than to complete a set.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread