Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

This is not Rants & Flames.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwdrake8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Valakut, thanks for the info but this isn't the place to talk about this. Mustaza and all the officers are very open to input and if you have any concerns or problems you should send it to them, not a public forum where we are trying to attract new members. If you edit your post to a friendly bump, so will I. =)
I took care of this. Thanks Guineapig. Some folks just cant live without the drama of it all. See me in Game if you want to discuss further.

Whit
Old 07-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Kobold

Mischief seems like the ideal guild for me, but I'm only level 9, so I'm just stopping by to say "Hello!" for now. I recently returned to EQ after 3.5 years, and played a paladin to 25 on a live progression server before I realized I wanted a more classic experience, so started up here a few days ago. Gaining levels is a high priority, so I'm likely LFG and soloing if no groups are available, but I also tend to go off on a quest occasionally. If there's still room for me when I'm a higher level, you'll certainly hear from me. In the meantime, if you have any alts that could use a lower level paladin for an adventure or xp group, I'd love it if you looked me up. *salutes*
Last edited by Stormlight; 07-20-2011 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Hi Storm!

Glad you found us. We can always use another good paladin. Feel free to do a /who mischief and bug our alts about grouping. I'll keep an eye on you and please do reach out when you hit 30!

- M
Old 07-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Our raiding abilities have exploded in the past weeks. We're now mobilizing and wrecking targets that we never thought possible before! Mischief has been growing silently in the night, and now it's our time to show the server who we really are. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default It's a Gnome Race!

Rescheduled - see below.

Feyrana Mezwell [Sign of Unity - Retired], 60 Erudite Enchanter (Prexus)
Grannak [Retired], 22 Ogre Warrior (Prexus)
Gurren [Retired], 21 Halfling Rogue (Prexus)
Gizelle [Retired], 20 Gnome Magician (Prexus)

"You breaka da mez, we breaka your legs!" - Jasmy
Last edited by Durham777; 08-22-2011 at 01:11 AM..
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Gnome Race - Gnome more.

Mischief has had to reschedule our Gnome Race due to a competing Gnome Race scheduled by Taken. In the interest of doing what's best for the server, ours will be held at a later date - stay tuned.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Rescheduled Gnome Race!

Announcing, the RESCHEDULED first annual Mischief Gnome Race Invitational! We have been planning this event as a guild for a while now, and have recently decided to open it up to you, the friends of Mischief, to participate for fun, prizes, and everlasting glory! Come join in the epic struggle of Gnome against Norrath, Mischief style!

Prize pack has been increased! Now over 10kpp in total prizes!

Who: You and your brand new level one gnome.
What: A gnome race.
When: Sunday, September 4th, 6pm EST/3pm PST.
Where: Right in front of Ak'Anon.
Why: For fun and profit!

Prizes:
1st: 5kpp
2nd: 3kpp
3rd: 1kpp
4th: 500pp
5th: 300pp
6th: 200pp
7th: Spyglass
8th: +5% Fishing Pole, +3% Bait, and a paid air-fare fishing trip to anywhere in Norrath.

The objective of course is to be the first racer to get from Ak'Anon to Qeynos. This can be tricky, because as you all well know, a level one gnome can be simultaneously football and snack to most of Norrath!

I will release the gnomes (as my gnomish alter-ego Giselle the mage) from the starting point at Ak'Anon and receive them as Thashox at the finish line just in front of Qeynos.

Some of the rules, failure to comply may disqualify you from the prize:

-You must start with a brand new level one gnome. No twinking. Any Mischief officer reserves the right to /duel you to test your bind point or inspect you to check your gear.

-All racers will receive a guild tag prior to the start of the race for identification purposes. I will be forming a [MISCHIEF RACER] guild for this purpose. The guild tag must be up for the entire race - no /role, no /anon.

-No member of Mischief can give assistance to any racer at any time, except for designated race staff. This would be favoritism. Those guild members that are designated as race staff will have rules as far as how/where they give assistance (in the form of binds, buffs, gear) and you will usually have to complete some sort of task or answer trivia in exchange for this assistance. All race staff will be announced, to include their locations in Norrath and how their contributions work, prior to the start of the race so that everyone knows.

-You may request buffs-n-binds from other players. However, no money is allowed to exchange hands or be promised in payment for this. Buffs must be freely given. Doing this MAY slow you down while you wait, but may be of great benefit in the end - it's all strategy! Furthermore, if our raid staff determine that you have prepositioned buddies to help you out, and not the other racers, woe-to-you as you are disqualified. Let's make this an even and fair race for all! Use only the natural charisma your chosen deity gifted you with!

-Racers are NOT allowed to receive ports. We will be watching for this.

-Mischief officers may race, but are inelligible for prizes.

-Screenshots are highly encouraged! Send them to thashox@gmail.com

Basic Strategy (tips & pointers):

-As you can tell, this is a LONG race through very dangerous territory. It may be a good idea to take slight detours on your trip to get rebound as you go. This may take some time, but will pay big dividends if planned properly.

-Making that first boat out of Butcherblock is a BIG game changer. Don't get caught waiting for the second!

-DO NOT leave Freeport without a bind - you WILL regret it as you wait for the boat in Butcherblock again.

-Mischief will post a race staff member at the Freeport docks in order to offer binds in exchange for being the first person to correctly answer trivia questions. Trivia will continue until there is no one else left to bind (as reported from the BB docks after the last racers board a boat). You may choose to try your luck at getting a bind here, or strike out on your own. Choose the option that you think nets you the biggest advantage!

-In addition to reporting on members leaving on the boats, the race staff member at the BB docks will also be giving out fishing gear and other party favors to pass the time while waiting for the boat in exchange for quest-type tasks or trivia.

-There are two major routes you can choose (south through the Ro's looping up through South Karana; or west through the Commons heading through High Hold Pass). Each has their benefits and drawbacks. If you're an evil gnome (necro), don't even think about HHP, you'll never make it unless someone throws an invis on you. Others may have to wait for the orcs/gnolls to run the gate and attack the NPCs before they run through. This may take some additional time, but it's shorter than the easier route looping to the south. Then again, you could take your chances and surf the tide of gnomes rushing through HHP. You don't have to be the fastest gnome, you just have to be the last one to draw aggro! Binding at Rivervale is recommended if you mean to try this method.

-I wouldn't advise spending time rebinding in Faydwer - just focus on making that FIRST BOAT!

-Recommended Bind Locations (North Route): Freeport, Rivervale, HHK, NK Gypsies.... Damn those Karanas are long!

-Recommended Bind Locations (South Route): Freeport, Grobb, Oggok, Arena, NK Gypsies.... That's it!

-As you can see, the home stretch across the Karanas is the longest - come prepared by that point.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Announcing, the RESCHEDULED first annual Mischief Gnome Race Invitational! We have been planning this event as a guild for a while now, and have recently decided to open it up to you, the friends of Mischief, to participate for fun, prizes, and everlasting glory! Come join in the epic struggle of Gnome against Norrath, Mischief style!

Prize pack has been increased! Now over 10kpp in total prizes!

Who: You and your brand new level one gnome.
What: A gnome race.
When: Sunday, September 4th, 6pm EST/3pm PST.
Where: Right in front of Ak'Anon.
Why: For fun and profit!

Prizes:
1st: 5kpp
2nd: 3kpp
3rd: 1kpp
4th: 500pp
5th: 300pp
6th: 200pp
7th: Spyglass
8th: +5% Fishing Pole, +3% Bait, and a paid air-fare fishing trip to anywhere in Norrath.

The objective of course is to be the first racer to get from Ak'Anon to Qeynos. This can be tricky, because as you all well know, a level one gnome can be simultaneously football and snack to most of Norrath!

I will release the gnomes (as my gnomish alter-ego Giselle the mage) from the starting point at Ak'Anon and receive them as Thashox at the finish line just in front of Qeynos.

Some of the rules, failure to comply may disqualify you from the prize:

-You must start with a brand new level one gnome. No twinking. Any Mischief officer reserves the right to /duel you to test your bind point or inspect you to check your gear.

-All racers will receive a guild tag prior to the start of the race for identification purposes. I will be forming a [MISCHIEF RACER] guild for this purpose. The guild tag must be up for the entire race - no /role, no /anon.

-No member of Mischief can give assistance to any racer at any time, except for designated race staff. This would be favoritism. Those guild members that are designated as race staff will have rules as far as how/where they give assistance (in the form of binds, buffs, gear) and you will usually have to complete some sort of task or answer trivia in exchange for this assistance. All race staff will be announced, to include their locations in Norrath and how their contributions work, prior to the start of the race so that everyone knows.

-You may request buffs-n-binds from other players. However, no money is allowed to exchange hands or be promised in payment for this. Buffs must be freely given. Doing this MAY slow you down while you wait, but may be of great benefit in the end - it's all strategy! Furthermore, if our raid staff determine that you have prepositioned buddies to help you out, and not the other racers, woe-to-you as you are disqualified. Let's make this an even and fair race for all! Use only the natural charisma your chosen deity gifted you with!

-Racers are NOT allowed to receive ports. We will be watching for this.

-Mischief officers may race, but are inelligible for prizes.

-Screenshots are highly encouraged! Send them to thashox@gmail.com

Basic Strategy (tips & pointers):

-As you can tell, this is a LONG race through very dangerous territory. It may be a good idea to take slight detours on your trip to get rebound as you go. This may take some time, but will pay big dividends if planned properly.

-Making that first boat out of Butcherblock is a BIG game changer. Don't get caught waiting for the second!

-DO NOT leave Freeport without a bind - you WILL regret it as you wait for the boat in Butcherblock again.

-Mischief will post a race staff member at the Freeport docks in order to offer binds in exchange for being the first person to correctly answer trivia questions. Trivia will continue until there is no one else left to bind (as reported from the BB docks after the last racers board a boat). You may choose to try your luck at getting a bind here, or strike out on your own. Choose the option that you think nets you the biggest advantage!

-In addition to reporting on members leaving on the boats, the race staff member at the BB docks will also be giving out fishing gear and other party favors to pass the time while waiting for the boat in exchange for quest-type tasks or trivia.

-There are two major routes you can choose (south through the Ro's looping up through South Karana; or west through the Commons heading through High Hold Pass). Each has their benefits and drawbacks. If you're an evil gnome (necro), don't even think about HHP, you'll never make it unless someone throws an invis on you. Others may have to wait for the orcs/gnolls to run the gate and attack the NPCs before they run through. This may take some additional time, but it's shorter than the easier route looping to the south. Then again, you could take your chances and surf the tide of gnomes rushing through HHP. You don't have to be the fastest gnome, you just have to be the last one to draw aggro! Binding at Rivervale is recommended if you mean to try this method.

-I wouldn't advise spending time rebinding in Faydwer - just focus on making that FIRST BOAT!

-Recommended Bind Locations (North Route): Freeport, Rivervale, HHK, NK Gypsies.... Damn those Karanas are long!

-Recommended Bind Locations (South Route): Freeport, Grobb, Oggok, Arena, NK Gypsies.... That's it!

-As you can see, the home stretch across the Karanas is the longest - come prepared by that point.

GOOD LUCK!
is this ever going to happen? Id suggest you post it in server chat if it really happens, cause only few people check guild section regulary. I would definitely take part in that event, it sounds awesome.

Only thing id do different is the whole buffing thing, i would just make every racer a PK so they cant get buffs at all. I have personally tried to run qeynos - kelethin on a lvl 1 char without sow and its not even that hard. (except highpass where i had to wait for someone to invis me)

Anyway, looking forward to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It is still going to happen.

I know it's not super difficult - if you're paying attention. I wanted to keep attendance down to those people that would check this section - especially with the fiasco we had last time we tried to run it (the server broadcast was a little counter-productive).

As far as the PVP thing, I'm really trying to avoid the whole griefer scenario that assaulted Taken's race last week. I would like it to be fun, and I know if I don't make them PVP, I can't keep them from buffing, but at least I can watch the guild tag to keep them from porting. It's the delicate balance between fun and fair that's so hard to achieve.

I look forward to seeing you out there!

-Thashox out

Closed Thread