Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Returning p99 player

hi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Ive been thinking about returning to p99. When I first started on this server it was mainly to check out old zones and stuff but now I wish to stay a little longer.

I was thinking about rolling a tank class or a pull/DPS class. So my question is: How well does a SK pull?
Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty dang good in dungeons and outdoors.

Many camps are just whack and snag (or cast) pulls. With CC you have mezzes or split tanking for grinds.

Sk's have a few massive tricks:

1.) Undead lull - meh.
2.) Click invis via Circlet of Shadow
3.) Snares
4.) Feign Death

Once you land a good snare in the upper levels you can FD and the other mobs will return to the spawn. The snared one will just turn and sit there. If you clear aggro you can stand up and take that one solo.

Regardless being able to FD is a win move. Falling to the ground on a failed FD isn't horrible for grind groups since you have a ton of ac, hps, and maybe a shield.

Caster mobs are a pain with casting FD but not the end of your game. It takes a bit of practice but you can do some nice things with a SK. I've pulled Vindi in Kael numerous times on live and I'm sure better SK's have done stuff putting that to shame.

Enjoy it. Oh yea...the exp penalty kinda sucks but you look like a badass. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS: I think it goes without saying but will anyways, you know a SK does pretty horrible dps right? Not the worst but definitely a contender.
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-25-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Kobold

Really bad dps? I thought it was pretty good - but then I think last I played was on a server where they improved the hit/miss ratio.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really bad dps? I thought it was pretty good - but then I think last I played was on a server where they improved the hit/miss ratio.
The main hit/miss problem is the knights' weapon/offense skill caps are significantly lower. I believe that means a warrior meleeing a blue con is akin to the sk/pal meleeing an even or yellow con.

It's pretty bad if you're talking about mana-efficient damage and not counting the pet. Rogues, monks, warriors and rangers put them to shame. That said, they tank, pull, and solo great.

I don't know when you quit but until AA's and poison spears it was basically a few dot, low offense/skill caps, and some great 2handers. Compared to the average Pally their dps was significantly better (of course, the trade is pallies heal efficiency is awesome).
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-25-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Closed Thread