Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have a problem with implementing a beta buff, However.. Buffing level and skills is relatively easy but populating your inventory with all the necessary gear would take longer to set up. This would need to include all necessary inventory clickies as well, spell book stuff, etc.

Even if someone provided a list of everything needed I'd still have to go through and create the base characters, summon the items, mem the spells. This could easily take half a day or more.

I could cheat though and just rip the best geared character on live from each class...
what about a vendor that sells commonly sought-after armors? stick him at the docks with the other vendors.. would be nice to be able to buy a fungi or a nice weapon.

OR

activate "defiant armor" and allow to be purchased in packages, like a bag full of defiant. can call it tester gear.
Last edited by phacemeltar; 04-21-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I could cheat though and just rip the best geared character on live from each class...
That seems like it would work. Stick a fungi in everybody's bp as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

note :
yes, I know int casters cant use them. It would just be a tease.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

I think one of the main issues with verious is that people don't want to spend X amount of hours doing quests if they can't enjoy the fruits of their labor when the server goes live.

Perhaps a better idea to get more UAT is by making all quest items 100% drop, max tradeskills; therefore both sides can get something out of it.

As Tyler said it best...what are we? We are consumers. We're the bi-products of a lifestyle obsession. Testing bugs, broken quests, killing dragons without a permanent reward, these things don't concern me. What concerns me is stockpiling my pp to buy Velious items, getting my 5th alt to 60, camping items, fungis.
Last edited by tekniq; 04-21-2014 at 09:44 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great idea. I think this would provide some additional incentive to test as well. I'd log on and play around for a while if for no other reason than to see what it's like to be an insanely geared version of some of the different classes. I could test out potential duos/trios with friends while testing at the same time.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

I had a blast doing ToV this weekend!

big props to Checkraise and Sakuragi for tanking Dozekar on Easter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Almost got him to 97% with 16! lol

Enjoyed it and will be willing to assist in any future mini 'raids' the Devs, or big guilds want to hold on Beta.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think one of the main issues with verious is that people don't want to spend X amount of hours doing quests if they can't enjoy the fruits of their labor when the server goes live.
This is probably the case, but it saddening to hear. Having beta tested games since the late 90s till today.. this is how it is done. Most games, aside from ones like Hearthstone, do not allow players to keep achievements earned in beta. I helped in ESO, knowing that I wouldn't keep anything. I helped beta wow, knowing I wouldn't keep anything. The list goes on.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Ya beta has been fun, but would be a big help if you released some armor merchants to let us be able to buy not necessarily bis vulak loot to test with but skyshrine armor / vindi bp / maybe some of the easier mobs like eashen loot etc, especially if we will continually be testing with lesser numbers. I remember when I beta tested multiple eq expansions they had vendors set up in plane of knowledge or whatever the hub zone was with expac appropriate gear.

Also dunno why everyone is crying about beta rewards, the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya beta has been fun, but would be a big help if you released some armor merchants to let us be able to buy not necessarily bis vulak loot to test with but skyshrine armor / vindi bp / maybe some of the easier mobs like eashen loot etc, especially if we will continually be testing with lesser numbers. I remember when I beta tested multiple eq expansions they had vendors set up in plane of knowledge or whatever the hub zone was with expac appropriate gear.

Also dunno why everyone is crying about beta rewards, the reward is getting to help get the content out and a chance to have a tactical advantage over others who didn't test by knowing the ins and outs of the content first.
This. Never thought i would be assisting Checkraise on a mob but it was fun seeing what we could do and what the encounters will be like come velious.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Not gonna lie, beta kinda makes me wish they would just allow people to transfer off red, since I don't see anything being doable on that server in velious based on the testing this weekend. Guess it's never too late to roll on blue but bleh at starting from scratch.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

There needs to be some real incentive to pull people away from their poopsocking.

It doesn't have to be something that gives them a leg up in the game though. Some ideas are titles, illusion clickies (that don't affect faction), or items with charges that are unique that can't be charged.

I love betas actually and would be actively playing on it if my character was 30+.