Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Favorite Group Class

What is your favorite class to play as assuming you had a group the moment you logged in? A lot of us play solo characters because they can solo, but I believe most people would play a different class if they always had a group. I would play a Rogue. Out of all the classes they are probably counted on the least which I like. Ranger is second, following by Necromancer, Magician, and Wizard. A lot of people like being counted on and being the hero, not me.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Aviak

If I had a group as soon as logging in? I would probably play a rogue or a ranger. Trying a wizard could be cool too
Hateshadow Lifebane, 67 necro of <Fleur de Lys>
Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

shaman
Old 03-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Enchanter for sure
Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman, warrior, enchanter.

lol wut
Old 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue definitely. They're the most group dependent class in the game, but also have amazing raid potential for their DPS & relatively low agro factor (if feint gets fixed).

Rangers are always fun to play, but Wizards can be group dependent too without filling that hero roll.

If I could be 100% sure I'd have a group the instant I logged in, and where I wanted to be grouping, I'd be playing a cleric. I enjoy being the one who saves the day.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Bard

I can do everything, and a good bard is a huge force multiplier to any EQ group. I've personally seen the difference between a good and bad bard in the group, both as a tank (paladin) and the bard. More than any other class, watching a great one is like listening to a well orchestrated symphony while watching a bad one makes me want to rip my ears off to end the cacophony (puns intended).

What really got me into the bard class was one time tanking in Bastion of Thunder on my paladin with a guild group of cleric, mage, bard, wizard, and one other. The mage had the Call of the Archmage spell, the bard was an amazing puller and spot-on with the CC when COTAM broke and the bard just chainpulled our wing; it was like a hot knife through butter all night long.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Warrior,

Few things in this game are more fun than tanking to me. The thrill of calling out assists and the lives of your groupmates in your hands is awesome. Not to mention the whole raiding thing, maybe I'll roll one up down the road again.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Rangers ftw
Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Monks for dungeons with a high risk of training, nothing more satisfying than watching your group fall dead around you when too many mobs path in.
Closed Thread