Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sularys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This needs to be fixed. Trying to run to guards with a mob chasing me and I cannot escape it. I'm even strafe running which normally allows you to outrun a mob, even if just. I've even had sow on me several times today and mobs are still catching me before I can get to safety.
Okay now this I haven't seen.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Kobold

This is obviously intended as a stealth buff to rangers.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

I remember it being somewhat important to have a snarer in any indoor group. I can recall being forced to evac because an unsnared mob ran. Obviously something is wrong if you are unable to outrun mobs when you have sow or unable to strafe outrun mobs in noobie zones, but mobs not running until they are super slow I am pretty sure was not classic.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

No recollection whatsoever of running around outdoors zones chasing willowisps that ran around at the same run-speed as players did. No offense to the devs but this here looks all kinds of bonkers, and feeling quite sorry for the melees trying to grit their teeth to slay em gators in oasis.

So for all you poor ogre warriors out there, go to your Everquest folder, change files combattheme1.mp3 and combattheme2.mp3 to copies of this here more appropriate new combat theme.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for all you poor ogre warriors out there, go to your Everquest folder, change files combattheme1.mp3 and combattheme2.mp3 to copies of this here more appropriate new combat theme.
I may have to actually do that for my bard. It suits the keyboard-carpal-tunnel-fu rather nicely.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

was in sol b an Kobold were nearly dissapearing , even with 2 necros darking we had to run 2 necro pets, Me Shm pet ,an a mage pet just to keep up with the mobs they would book it faster than a bard, even snared, would just take off an pets are only thing that can keep up when they move at the speed of light, trains an wipes inc...this is intended?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is intended?
"We made PvE a but tougher, enjoy =)"

- Rogean on global ooc on red after patch in reference to complaints about mob changes.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

I dig the running mobs, but they do seem a bit faster than I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Orc

Yea, running mobs is fine. But they broke the run speed. They pursue one hell of alot faster when your running and they run at damn near a sprint when running from you. Really needs to be fixed.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 AM
Aviak

I did not realise how bad this was until I tryed playing a low level melee ... WOW ,.. was that annoying ....
Closed Thread