Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Banned

This is working as intended, Welcome to "Classic"
Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTriad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My group in SolB last night did just fine. Yeah, at first, the mobs are running full speed+ even when snared but around 8% or so they stop or slow down as they should.

Get yourself a snarer and go keel some stuff ! =D
now i maybe not understanding snared but shouldn't it slow it down & not run at full speed? i mean that seem abit pointless to use snare then unless you think using it at 10% health is a great use >.>[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Why did this change effect feared mobs run speed...makes my slow and annyoing exp grind even more slow and annoying finding new longer fear routes >_<

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did this change effect feared mobs run speed...makes my slow and annyoing exp grind even more slow and annoying finding new longer fear routes >_<
Probably because a Feared mob's run speed is calculated the same way as a Fleeing mob's run speed.

I am guessing Feared mobs were not intended to get hit with this change though. Hopefully the Fear speed can be fixed again.

What also breaks Fear kiting for me is that Feared mobs are changing direction every few steps like they are drunk or something. This is new as of the patch also, and will hopefully be fixed soon.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What also breaks Fear kiting for me is that Feared mobs are changing direction every few steps like they are drunk or something. This is new as of the patch also, and will hopefully be fixed soon.
Having this ping pong ball problem with fleeing mobs too, it's driving me absolutely up a wall that I can't kill a green con mob because I beat it down too fast for any snare procs to go off and then off he goes like a ping pong ball as fast or faster than my jboots. Took me 3 minutes to chase down a fleeing shadowed man just to land a solid blow on him and kill him off last night.

I want to shake my fist and curse the pantheon for their toying with me.
<Divinity>
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Last edited by BlackTriad; 06-17-2012 at 12:24 AM..
Old 04-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having this ping pong ball problem with fleeing mobs too, it's driving me absolutely up a wall that I can't kill a green con mob because I beat it down too fast for any snare procs to go off and then off he goes like a ping pong ball as fast or faster than my jboots. Took me 3 minutes to chase down a fleeing shadowed man just to land a solid blow on him and kill him off last night.

I want to shake my fist and curse the pantheon for their toying with me.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that when killing greens if other social but non agro mobs were around it would prevent the mob from running.

Also chiming in that run speed seems too fast to me right now.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Kobold

I remember that too. Only the last mob would flee.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that when killing greens if other social but non agro mobs were around it would prevent the mob from running.
This is true on this server for certain mobs I believe, I've noticed this while PLing. I can test and give a better idea of when it does and when it doesn't.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadowed men act like undead mobs and aggro no matter your level, so if I fought them in camp I'd end up with lots of friends (and multiple healers in a pull for a pure melee class is like pulling teeth, with pliers). But they run when low health like a live mob too, and in places like Nek and Lava, the terrain is uneven and hard to see and lets face it the mob is invisible.

I haven't been pulling multiples so I don't know if they run when a second mob is in close proximity but that is how they behaved prior to the patch I believe, so I can only assume they still do, they are just all around a weird mob.
<Divinity>
Closed Thread