Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it need to be 5? Hell, this is Classic EQ, if the limit was level 2 it means the rate goes down to once every 15+ mins, and would the spammer really bother to level a toon repeatedly just to spam?

Regards,
Mg
My guess: yes.
Guy seems pretty dedicated already, I mean, correct me since I'm wrong, but doesn't he hafta make a new acco every time he gets banned?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it need to be 5? Hell, this is Classic EQ, if the limit was level 2 it means the rate goes down to once every 15+ mins, and would the spammer really bother to level a toon repeatedly just to spam?

Regards,
Mg
I think it is worth a try to limit talk in ooc and auction to level 2 minimum.

Personally I have left both channels now, because of the spamming, so I can enjoy the world of Everquest while running around and not listen to one sad case of an individual that feels shafted.
Last edited by Aluvin; 05-08-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Old 05-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluvin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is worth a try to limit talk in ooc and auction to level 2 minimum.

Personally I have left both channels now, because of the spamming, so I can enjoy the world of Everquest while running around and not listen to one sad case of an individual that feels shafted.
whilst i agree with this... not sure really why you qutoed me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whilst i agree with this... not sure really why you qutoed me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I probably clicked the wrong quote button! FIxing it right away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluvin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I probably clicked the wrong quote button! FIxing it right away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry for partying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
I have lots of neat tricks...
Old 05-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

tbh it would kinda suck if people under lvl 5 couldnt use OOC, thats actually the level range most people need help with things, so ooc is a nice place to ask for those things

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Kobold

I think that /ooc should be restricted to something like level 3 or 4....just low enough so that the spammer will still level a character to spam. That way every time I see it I can laugh about how much time he is spending to do this.

I mean right now it's still a decent amount of work for him so it's kinda funny but if it were even more than all the better.

As to people who are annoyed by it, just have /ooc and /auc in a separate window. I hardly notice it at all myself, and if I really want to read ooc or auc without the occasional block of "you love it" I have my font set to new times roman so I can read the name easily and ignore within 10 seconds.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tbh it would kinda suck if people under lvl 5 couldnt use OOC, thats actually the level range most people need help with things, so ooc is a nice place to ask for those things
A proper solution is no global chat, but a global 'channel' for chat and auctions.

I've found I get just as reliable replies when say, I want to know about a good druid camp at level 20, so I /who druid all, and /tell a level 50.

Most people who play on Project 1999 is an old pro anyway. Sure, there are newbies here and there, but the vast majority are highly capable who know this game very well and indepth.
Closed Thread