Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Low-level groups (viability of some classes for new player)

Greetings, folks!

I was delighted to find out about this EQ server. I've been a major EQ "bum" since good ole' 1999, and am dying to try playing here.

However, I do recall that unless you played a necro, druid or a couple of other classes, soloing totally sucked in Everquest.

So, are there enough low-level groups that a newbie could play a warrior, rogue, or somesuch and actually enjoy themselves?

Also, does this server/version support the "LFG" tool, or is it the old way of "/lfg" and "/ all lfg"? And what about guilds that would take a newbie, but one that's veeeerrry experienced (having played max-level characters - usually healers - in nearly every MMORPG ever released).

Thanks much, and I'll see you around in-game soon!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Kobold

Yes, /lfg works and its a good tool to find groups or replacements.

Low level groups exist in abundance - I'm not going to say you'll find a group the moment you throw the tag up, but you will find groups in the Oasis, crushbone, unrest, uguk, commons, etc.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Welcome! You'll enjoy this server.

I've leveled a few characters and I've not had issues grouping. You may have to solo the first few levels but once you hit lvl 4-5 groups are fairly easy to find if you're proactive. The easist city to start in would be Freeport, but even the other starting cities have a decent population. Play what you enjoy and hang in there. Once you get past level 10 groups become much easier to find.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Aviak

There are definitely lots of low level groups around. I never have issues finding groups if I am actively searching. The big issues for me at the moment is that lots of the best leveling zones, Unrest, CB, Oasis, etc are TOO full of groups. At peak times nearly all mobs are getting scooped up and all groups are full.
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

As a low level warrior I enjoyed myself. I could always find a group, I think the most I ever waited was 30 minutes. Just turn LFG on and then head towards the zone you want to group in and start shouting.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Orc

Playing a rogue(lvl 15 atm) and I haven't had too much trouble finding groups. Even when I play early a.m. I usually can find a group withing 25-40 mins.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

My warrior didn't have any trouble finding groups til about 20 or so, then lots of problems. Part of that was resisting going to zones where there were huge runs to get back if you died (eg Unrest, Guk) but as well there's a bit of a preference for knights in exp groups versus warriors because unless you're well geared warriors are pretty sucky at snagging aggro, especially in a group that isn't cooperating.

I rolled a pally and shelved my tank until I can get the cash to gear him properly, and perhaps not even then, as I suspect I won't be doing any raiding for quite a while.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the replies. I'm now in-game (Zahasha, level 1 DE cleric). It sure is quiet! Are there any chat channels to join on this server? And what about those newbie guilds? I'm very self-sufficient and proud, and not looking for PL or handouts - just some small level of interaction would be nice.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Aviak

Welcome. OOC chat is zone only now. Head to EC. Lots of chatter there and sometimes new guilds looking for members. Good luck