Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default Oaken Scimitar

Okay, I've asked around and read up on this, even checked EQLive boards to see if the developers or anyone had said anything about this scimitar...

From what I've gathered it is a quested item, which requires a drop from a rare named treant in the Karanas, most likely Southern Karana.

Anyone care to fill me in with what I'm missing or what is incorrect? Your help would be much appreciated!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

To the best of my knowledge, the named treant was never implemented on Project 1999. I know of only one oaken scimitar on the server. Taluvill has it, and if memory serves he said he received it from a GM event.

Primary weapons are kind of tough for druid in classic. I use the Hierophant's Crook from Nagafen but it's really a vanity item. My best primary is Platinum Dragon Totem. I know of four Staff of the Earthcrafter from CT (three are retired) and two Tunarian Scimitars from Innoruuk. I've been raiding for five months, to put the difficulty in perspective. The CT staff has not dropped for any guild during that time.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Aviak

I found this post on Druid Grove...

Quote:
I remember the Oaken Scimitar, and the the Leap of Faith quest in Kelethin that led you to the Oaken Scimitar. I believe Faluviel Yellowhair gave out the quest?
http://thedruidsgrove.org/eq/forums/...?t=3835&page=4

And this...

Quote:
Well the OP reminded me of the frustration of beating on the alleged oaken scimitar quest in early EQ1 that had something to do with saving the ambassador from an assassin. I can't remember if it was a busted quest that eventually got fixed or just forgotten. The most frustrating thing about it was not being sure if it was a broken quest or if I just needed to keep pluggin away at it. How do you get around that? I'm happy (enough) to keep pluggin away at a challenging puzzle, but feeling like the puzzle is busted is just plain not fun.
http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12516

From everything I can gather...No one really knew how to quest for this item, but there was a mob who you could kill (presumably the end mob in the quest) who would drop it. People were exploiting this by just killing the mob and not doing the quest at all (since it was bugged, broken, or unknown), so Verant fixed the issue by just taking the mob that dropped it out of the game and never got around to implementing the quest properly.
Dawrit 12 Druid of Project1999
Last edited by Dawgrin; 06-28-2010 at 03:58 PM..
Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The CT staff has not dropped for any guild during that time.
CT was wielding the staff 2 weeks ago, before the zone crashed 20x.

QQ
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

*sigh* so the scimitar doesn't drop on here or on live anymore apparently...

That is unfortunate. Really wanted have a scimitar that actually helps my druidness further than looking cool :/. Guess that needs to wait for the leafblower.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CT was wielding the staff 2 weeks ago, before the zone crashed 20x.

QQ
Well, at least we know it's still on the loot table! I'd begun to doubt.

Just curious; were any non-DA in the zone with you during the crashes? Fear has been plagued by this as long as I've been raiding.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, at least we know it's still on the loot table! I'd begun to doubt.

Just curious; were any non-DA in the zone with you during the crashes? Fear has been plagued by this as long as I've been raiding.
Rogean was in zone, trying to see what the problem was.

Not sure what was concluded.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snifs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean was in zone, trying to see what the problem was.

Not sure what was concluded.
Well now I'm totally curious about what happened last week with Fear. I think both guilds blamed the other for the crash and Raren seemed to be taking credit for it in his R&F post, but now I think i have no idea what really happened. There's obviously a bizarre problem in Permafrost, too, but it's completely different. Very strange.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Fire Giant

Perma is just... weird. I dunno how most people are crippled, but aside from a few hiccups a handful like me are okay. I've seen the portcullis gates toggleswitch going in and out, but no one (player or npc alike) is visible, and the associated gate stays down. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Large Bat

I had it on povar back in 1999. Some druid got it using the duel/charm bug that morphed their ranged slot item and traded it to me for a brown chitin protector.

Crazy to see a topic about it, I remember being a star for a brief moment in time wielding it.
C'est La Vie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread