Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

The scroll out will never get fixed as long as we use Titanium. EQMac is based on Titanium yes, however it uses multiple DX8 functions and is highly modified. However, if this were to ever get fixed, please post your findings in the Classic Spell Effects thread in the Tech Forums so we can find out how and do the same with the spell effects :x
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

added 12

spells take long as HELL to memorize (both to spell book and to spell bar) on eqmaq. not even joking, probably takes at least 5x as long.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Make it so. That UI gives me a raging clue.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12. spells take long as HELL to memorize (both to spell book and to spell bar) on eqmaq. not even joking, probably takes at least 5x as long.
I spoke to kanras about this previously.

We need to know what to base this on, specifically.

Like, level of scriber vs. spell?
Should a higher level player scribe a low level spell faster than a higher level spell?
Same questions for memming.

For any changes to be made, will need some numbers.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Just guessing, but it probably also takes into account the spell type and player's skill level in that type. Example, trying to scribe a conjuration spell will go quicker according to the given conjuration skill of the player (which correlates with level).
Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just guessing, but it probably also takes into account the spell type and player's skill level in that type. Example, trying to scribe a conjuration spell will go quicker according to the given conjuration skill of the player (which correlates with level).
If by scribe you mean the first time, scribing to the spell book.. it is an item at that point (scroll). After it has been scribed, it can reference the skill which the spell uses for memorization.

I hope someone will research it!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

ya scribing takes years on eq mac. just make a level one and try it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] maybe ele can find something. i mite do some digging later tho.

meming takes longer too. guess i should have been more specific in op [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Orc

I was under the impression this is partially based on the Meditate skill and as it increased, the speed at which you scribe a spell, as well as memorize the spell, was affected.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spoke to kanras about this previously.

We need to know what to base this on, specifically.

Like, level of scriber vs. spell?
Should a higher level player scribe a low level spell faster than a higher level spell?
Same questions for memming.

For any changes to be made, will need some numbers.
He's 100% on the time it took to scribe a spell to a spell book - this took a very long time, much longer than memorizing a level 44 spell at level 44.

But memorizing from your book to your bar is spot on. It takes a significant chunk of time, as it does right now on p1999, and then becomes practically instant in about 10 levels.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezonation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression this is partially based on the Meditate skill and as it increased, the speed at which you scribe a spell, as well as memorize the spell, was affected.
I believe this is the answer, the scribing time decreased geometrically as your meditate skill went from awful to master.