Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

I played it a tiny bit before it was officially released. Jack muffins camping spawn points and continuously harrowing 1st to 5th level players who just started. Um why? All you RED99 lovers continously harrass in the game and in the forums. You got your server aren't you happy?
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

PVP was meant to be a tool in EQ to settle disputes over camps or loot, however on red99 people use to grief. I played from 1 to 43 on release, and quickly realized it was just a bad place to be. People racing to 50 so they can shit on people 42+ wasn’t what I imagined eq pvp to be about. Also with such a small population when you have 25 people who are complete asshats, that’s half your population, which means no consequence for acting like complete idiots.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Kobold

I would rather hammer my balls flat with a mallet.....
Old 05-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

I doubt you find too many converts here. I think if more new people become interested p99 that r99 would be of interest to them in large part because the younger state of the server.

I btw play on both, but I mostly play on blue. Since its perfectly legal to "box" 1 character on each server I am surprised more people do not do like me and play a dude on red when doing something slow on blue.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Banned

If my first experience with Red was while it was new, I'd probably share the opinions of folks like SilentOne. Because, no, it does not sound like it was very fun back then.

There seem to be a lot fewer people on Red who are in constant LOLINTERNET mode and it really isn't a bad place to play.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If my first experience with Red was while it was new, I'd probably share the opinions of folks like SilentOne. Because, no, it does not sound like it was very fun back then.

There seem to be a lot fewer people on Red who are in constant LOLINTERNET mode and it really isn't a bad place to play.
Ya, well I figured as much with only 50 online i sure that number has shrunk just like the population.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned

You guys have the complete wrong idea about red.

Red makes eq 10 times funner, seriously. Blue just is not interesting to me anymore. It was VP that got me to try red anyway, as i liked griefing IB.

Its great. Thats all i can say.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Banned

You have to remember too, nobody on red is on thier account afk, like possibly 100 players across the server at any time.

On red, if you arent at the keyboard, you arent in game. If you are, youre probably dead.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm having a pretty good time on Red. Global OOC provides for great entertainment while grinding.
They put Global OOC in? Well that helps.

I believe the best MMORPG's should incorporate some level of PvP into the game and, with the way this game currently is, "Red EQ" is certainly more interesting. It at least adds something REAL and UNPREDICTABLE to a game where there is nothing left to discover. At the same time, it's annoying that the devs will only adhere strictly to "EQ PvP with the exact same coding as over 10 years ago", especially since NOBODY can agree on what resists and such were actually like back then, because the actual PvP should be a lot more engaging.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned

Bans for players caught exploiting content, mechanics, etc.

Zero legitimacy on Red99, like P99. The guild on top cheats to high hell and nothing is ever done about with exception to 2boxing, the only thing you can ever get banned for.
Closed Thread