Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Show me where to buy guise of the deceivers and you can have all of my platinum today
Old 01-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixardion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the merchant idea, but it's just not encompassing enough as players would have to voluntarily buy from them.

Try to think of item vendoring as minimum wage.

Despite some valid points, you can't argue that this would not be good for the server overall.

As someone posted earlier, try to remember that everything is relative in price. The only thing that will not change is the base wage (item vendoring).

The fact is, something like this is inevitable, and I for one would rather not see the community split between multiple servers.
Give me a one-sentence explanation of why you think we need this, anyway. Your original post just vaguely hints at inflation and RMT somehow making life hard for noobies or something without ever really explaining the how or the why. Only a few classes need gear in order to level to 50+, so even if the economy is so ridiculous that new players cannot afford to buy a single thing in EC, they still could just level to 50+ wearing cloth and random tidbits they find along the way, and then win items at decent camps in a small group and sell the item for a boatload of PP and THEN buy gear.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-30-2014 at 05:05 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give me a one-sentence explanation of why you think we need this, anyway. Your original post just vaguely hints at inflation and RMT somehow making life hard for noobies or something without ever really explaining the how or the why. Only a few classes need gear in order to level to 50+, so even if the economy is so ridiculous that new players cannot afford to buy a single thing in EC, they still could just level to 50+ wearing cloth and random tidbits they find along the way, and then win items at decent camps in a small group and sell the item for a boatload of PP and THEN buy gear.
I'm so happy you cleared up how the game works. I was totally confused for a minute. :[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Kobold

I thought this was a group oriented game where your group helps you get loot and visa versa. Is it a lack of research on where items drop? This is a more socially demanding game, are you not making friends to help you get groups faster? These are some things you should look at. EQ is not a user friendly game. I'm not trying to be mean, I have helped my fair share and continue to, but those I've helped are honestly gettin theirs on their own. You can't be uber in a month as a newb to the server..wel you can if you know what you're doin. Its not your current run of the mill mmo this game takes actual dedication and time.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Kobold

I made ~3100pp by the time I was 27 on my warrior. this has allowed me to buy a lamentation, an hp ring (someone gave me another hp ring), bronze from vendors etc. someone else hooked me up with a handful of other pieces, too (cobalt gloves/boots, jarsath trident, staff of battle, jagged war sword!). between friendly, helpful players and putting my nose to the grind stone in areas that produce good platinum for lower levels, I'm doing pretty well despite the economy.

the economy is a little intimidating price wise, but like the aforementioned said.. group in places that drop things, win loot, sell loot, buy loot. it will work itself out eventually. sorry it might take a little longer than it took on live to acquire things, but it is by no means broken or undoable.

this will also motivate you to figure out quests and drops you can do on your own without using EC as the way to gear yourself! I'm able to do some of the crafted quests here shortly, I've camped the bracer of erollisi, I'm not too far away from being able to do the hero bracer quest. the tough part is getting to 35+ when a lot of doors start opening up, just gotta stick with it.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt1stClassPerkerwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great thread. I agree 100%. All my level 12 chars dont have fungis and thats just wrong. Server wipe should take care of that
If you think about it...at a rate of 1.5 Fungi drops a day on average, there should be nearly 700-1000 fungi's out there...and I think that's being on the conservative side.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Kobold

My enchanter on live wore a (donated) green silken drape until 53 when I wrestled a Siren Scale robe off some jackass mob in Charasis.

I had epic at 55. I would have looked pretty ridiculous if that hadn't dropped.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My enchanter on live wore a (donated) green silken drape until 53 when I wrestled a Siren Scale robe off some jackass mob in Charasis.

I had epic at 55. I would have looked pretty ridiculous if that hadn't dropped.
I wore small cloth on my (first) necro till like 35 after I'd spent a bunch of time murdering asslings & selling their stuff back to them (<3 bandage quest). Thats when I finally upgraded and go jewelery & magical robes/int boosting stuff. Even then I think I only spent like 1.5-2k on all those upgrades and just kept hording the rest cause I really didn't need any gear.

Look at my 57 necro now and hes wearing a hobbled collection of no drop stuff & strength jewelry because all I do is farm on him & desperately hope to get into a chardok aoe so I can pull.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Every time I make a new character I get hooked up when I am not even trying... just play the game and things work out just fine. You can get good money mid teens or so in HH with shralok packs, idols, scalps or can even farm a runed bone fork and sell for 400-600pp in uguk. There are ways once you get over it and level a bit. I can't see how they could punish the people who legitimately got their money because of the people who have gotten involved in RMT.

Everyone else gets money and makes it in this game, why can't newbies? They also started out that way and made it up there. I think people feel like they need to constantly shop for their stuff too often. It is possible to get things the normal way along with leveling and questing.
Last edited by NextGenesis88; 01-30-2014 at 06:37 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

I played on here for a year 4 years ago and never had shit plat wise till I leveled up a Druid. I bet it made 500k in 7 or 8 months just Porting, Pling, not counting loots. I sure as hell never had 500k plat on live in a year and a half in 2000.

You need to get off your butt and do it, not complain about it. Or play a Necro, Mage. They don't really need ANY gear, even at level 60. You have to level a toon to 50 or above to even get into zones that have loot worth a crap to sell plat wise. Or at the least 46 to go to Planes to loot.

Sitting in the tunnel begging for gear and some plat is damned gay to me. Go level and loot along the way. It ALL adds up, even Copper.
Closed Thread