Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-04-2024, 01:23 AM
Banned

The current heir of James was put in a Nazi death camp
Old 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The isolationists in the US resisted joining WW2 because they didn’t believe in the French or British empires and suspected American involvement would help bolster those enterprises. If you recall from your history books, america had a century of the “good neighbor” policy where it explicitly told empires to fuck off from the western hemisphere. It felt the same about the rest of the world but didn’t have good options. We even got dragged into Vietnam by Charles de Gaulle

Sadly, no one knows these things anymore
So Japan didnt drop a flaming pooh parcel on the doorstep? Or they did but that wasnt the reason they joined?

Or was it that the need to prove ones bigness by dropping the mother of all bombs on what was (arguably) a beaten opponent just to prove superiority? And data...

Data from the twin bombs was invaluable in creating and prolonging the cold war. Physical and measurable evidence of the power of da bomb.

Also. A Flaming pooh parcel was what convinced the yanks into a war they didnt want.
Ha. Pooh parcel.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A sad trend stemming from this is the promotion of the occasional idgaf comedian, whose jokes are not actually very funny, but are appealing cause he's breakin' the rules, man! It's a fine line to walk. Matt rife is not funny at all to me, but shane gillis is hilarious, yet they're both considered rebels or something.
Couldn't agree more. Rife just doesn't seem genuine, feels like an act where Gillis comes off more true to self.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:53 AM
Banned

Kate zugged too hard and just needed a break from zugging.
Old 04-05-2024, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Japan didnt drop a flaming pooh parcel on the doorstep? Or they did but that wasnt the reason they joined?

Or was it that the need to prove ones bigness by dropping the mother of all bombs on what was (arguably) a beaten opponent just to prove superiority? And data...

Data from the twin bombs was invaluable in creating and prolonging the cold war. Physical and measurable evidence of the power of da bomb.

Also. A Flaming pooh parcel was what convinced the yanks into a war they didnt want.
Ha. Pooh parcel.
Oh we definitely flexed on the Japanese after they made the last mistake anyone ever makes, attacking the US (we killed 1 million Iraqis and achieved the highest K/D ratio in human history), but we resisted joining the war prior to that because the British and French empires were evil. Less evil than Japan and Germany, sure, but that wasn’t obvious at the time to an American observer asking why farm boys in Iowa should die so that Britain could hold Singapore and Bombay
Old 04-05-2024, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like an easy job to me. Just engage in charitable shit and look busy lol
Yeah and don’t be a sadistic pedophile, see, you already cleared the interview and aren’t as bad as Andrew

Go to 10 Downing and ask Raita Sunak or whatever his name is to hand you the royal scepter and kick the Windsors to the curb
Old 04-05-2024, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't agree more. Rife just doesn't seem genuine, feels like an act where Gillis comes off more true to self.
No idea who Matt rife is but Shane Gillis is hilarious. He’s the first funny white comedian since Ricky Gervais

I guess the bald guy from Boston married to the black lady is also occasionally funny, but I enjoyed him more in the mandalorian than I did his standup
Old 04-05-2024, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea who Matt rife is but Shane Gillis is hilarious. He’s the first funny white comedian since Ricky Gervais

I guess the bald guy from Boston married to the black lady is also occasionally funny, but I enjoyed him more in the mandalorian than I did his standup
Re: Bill Burr - Breaking is too common now. Be funny on your own, don't try to trick me by laughing at your own jokes.
Old 04-05-2024, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No idea who Matt rife is but Shane Gillis is hilarious.
Netflix picked up Shane Gillis & Team's show "Tires" should be pretty gud, same people who do Gilly and keeves sketch comedy with him on youtube.

comes out May 23