Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Produce a statement made by Jesus in or out of Bible where he said go forward in worshiping me and build a religion in my name.

I will save you the time. There isn't one.

There is however the word fanatic or fanaticism in the new testament warning about those over engrossed in a faith.

Fanaticism is unbridled obsession, and though most do not recognize it as form of self-indulgence, it is a gratification of selfish desire. Isaiah 47:8-9

You cannot find the word in The King James Version.

It really screams volumes about the 'following' type today.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

They dont use gates, just little unmarked backdoors to access well little backdoors.
Same end result. Hell for someone.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Produce a statement made by Jesus in or out of Bible where he said go forward in worshiping me and build a religion in my name.

18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The other part is also wrong but not worth arguing with you over.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is however the word fanatic or fanaticism in the new testament warning about those over engrossed in a faith.

Fanaticism is unbridled obsession, and though most do not recognize it as form of self-indulgence, it is a gratification of selfish desire. Isaiah 47:8-9

says the anti-religion, science fanatic. you have read about the speck, log and eyes?
Old 04-09-2024, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:

Jesus is one of the few threads holding me together and ur gonna go and shit on jesus. Jesus was a real bro even if u don't believe in the One True G-d of the "G-d's".

So let me get this you are pro jesus but anti G-d? Or you saying dismiss it all because ppl are fanatics. You realize there can be fanatics of all creeds and types? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Le-sigh.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:33 PM
Banned

We might get Alexander on Friday.

Second best option is I go to my local Chevron and get some Cooper's Express chicken!
Old 04-09-2024, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The other part is also wrong but not worth arguing with you over.
Interpretation is all up for grabs that is why it is totally a sound religion to devote everything too. /sarcasm

Like here:

In this view, "the rock" upon which Jesus would build his church could be understood as Peter's confession of faith in Jesus as the Messiah, rather than Peter himself. Jesus was emphasizing the importance of faith in him and his teachings as the foundation of the Christian community, rather than establishing a religion focused solely on worshiping him.

...And magnetaress I believe there can be fanatics. You have quite easily provided an example.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Interpretation is all up for grabs that is why it is totally a sound religion to devote everything too. /sarcasm

Like here:

In this view, "the rock" upon which Jesus would build his church could be understood as Peter's confession of faith in Jesus as the Messiah, rather than Peter himself. Jesus was emphasizing the importance of faith in him and his teachings as the foundation of the Christian community, rather than establishing a religion focused solely on worshiping him.

...And magnetaress I believe there can be fanatics. You have quite easily provided an example.
Justification by faith alone is dead

Quote:
14 What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?

15 And if a brother or sister be naked, and want daily food:

16 And one of you say to them: Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; yet give them not those things that are necessary for the body, what shall it profit?

17 So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

18 But some man will say: Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without works; and I will shew thee, by works, my faith.

19 Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God.

24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

25 And in like manner also Rahab the harlot, was not she justified by works, receiving the messengers, and sending them out another way?

26 For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead.
Old 04-09-2024, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Jesus changed Peter's name from “Simon” or Simeon (Acts 15:14; 2 Peter 1:1) to “Cephas” (an Aramaic name that means “rock”).
Old 04-10-2024, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
YOu didn't need me to prove it. You got yourself. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread