Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

I said I'd come back after a while and report on the zone before fighting technique. Well here I am. It worked for quite a number of days, but this past week I had to occurrences. Big zones seem to be part of the problem but who knows really.

I am going to try the manually binding affinity via the Task Manager. I already have a batch file to start the game that does this, but maybe that is being ignored. I also has just reinstalled the latest DX9 but hasn't been long enough to say if that mattered or not.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Aviak

Has anyone come up with a permanent fix for this yet? Been crashing like crazy, whether I attack anything or not. Usually I won't last longer than 20 minutes or so before I either get an EQ crash message or a windows app error message.

I've tried every solution mentioned in this thread, including re-installing my operating system / EQTitanium. Made sure my resolution on desktop matched the resolution in-game. Tried default spell gems / default UI / no spell particles / dynamic reflections all that good stuff. Set affinity options > single core / zone trick. Updated all drivers / graphics drivers / windows update.

I'm beginning to lose my mind to the point where I just don't think I'm gonna be able to play unless I'm lucky enough to find a group that will put up with my constant LD's (solo is out of the question with all the crashes). Never really had this problem, aside from the occasional crash here and there, until about a few weeks ago or so.

Any help or any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

I had a issue like this...in the end i got a new vid card and it solved my problems...if your lucky enough to be able to maybe swap one out to test it...try it..if not im out of ideas
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Aviak

New video card, bleh. Even if this would solve my problem, don't think I'm going to be able to invest in a new one any time soon.