Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in beta phase 2 I rolled up my first character...a barb warrior. I spent the next few nights killing spiders, goblins, and polar bears. I collected every single thing that dropped, sold it, and bought rough leather armor. Before long I was completely geared and so proud I was able to smash multiple mobs at a time.

A few days later, my roommate notices I am still in everfrost peaks. He starts laughing and informs me that I am no longer getting experience for killing spiders. It is then I learned that everfrost wasnt the only zone, con color matters, and collecting spider legs was a bad business plan if I ever planned on buying that shiny combine 2hander I was eyeing.

Being clued in, I set off to find blackburrow. After "feeling" my way through the tunnel that leads there I zone in. I begin to bash gnoll after gnoll, amazed they dropped so much coin and sometimes armor or a weapon. Filled with bloodlust I jump off the edge thinking I will fight my way back up since most of the gnolls were pushovers at this point.

As I drop past the second floor I must have caught aggro off a roamer. I hit the water and start exploring, killing gnolls along the way. Halfway into the second fight I notice gnolls are running around in mass, up and down ramps, slaughtering other players as they try to flee.

At this point I am thinking, "gnolls must not like water" since I am swimming around and they arent attacking me. Other players are screaming in shout for help only to be silenced moments later. I yell back to them to jump into the water where it is "safe".

Roughly 20 seconds later...I learn my next lesson in EQ. I cant tell you the fear I felt as I watched 50% of blackburrow heading my way. I figured there was no way to ever retrieve that corpse so I didnt. Lucky for me I had all that money (under 5pp) from spider legs to buy another sword and set of leather armor. Fun times.
10/10
Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

drown in every zone
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Two many to remember but I remember the ones from my first few days ever playing eq. For example:

Hitting the auto attack key while trying to talk to the priest of discord. (there always seems to be a noob corpse at the feet of the PoD)

Giving the book to the priest of discord.

Wondering what all these people are doing in the arena and running up and sitting in the throne during a best of the best match.

Running through Kithicor and forgetting to invis before running into rivervale where I was kos.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

On live i was running my char to either mistmoore or crushbone, i forget which, but i zoned into gfay and set my char to autorun along the pathway from butcherblock while i went to the bathroom real quick

Came back dead at my bindpoint with a death to fall damage, apparently i had angled my character just perfectly that he ran into the spire and slowly ran against it and got high enough to fall off for 32k
Old 11-21-2014, 04:51 AM
Banned

at this point right now in eq I have no idea whats going on but Im pretty sure looking back at it Im going to think it was one of the stupidest things Ive ever done on my character..
Old 11-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

I remember my first character ever was a gnome magician named Cenliken (circa 2000). Around lvl 10, I decided to explore befallen. While killing all the low level skeletons on the first floor, I discovered a well. While inspecting this well, I accidentally fell down it, and got destroyed by some ghouls and mummies upon landing.

While trying to retrieve my corpse, I discovered the locked doors. I had no idea about keys, or how to obtain them. I felt so embarrassed from what happened, I didn't ask anyone for help. I ended up re-rolling a DE SK which I mained for the remainder of my EQ live days.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

deleted one of the top geared rogues on the server 2.5 weeks into Kunark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

I once deleted the final combined map (obviously by accident) while about to hand in for eyepatch of plunder... had to redo the whole quest.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Numerous accidental camps, gates, evacs, wrong ports, and caps probably make up my top 10.
You forgot about when you rolled a high elf paladin on live.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Getting my grandfather's ranger stuck on the bridge in Shar Vahl not knowing how to get out. (Remember, I was like 9 at this point, maybe 10)

Also deleting his necro with shit ton of gear (my uncles twinked him the fuck out) when I was trying to delete one of the 10000 alts i had created.

Getting lost in Everfrost 10,000 times.