Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Default Announcing p99 Feats of Strength contest!

From the same person who brought you the ORIGINAL bookie!

I am going to host and operate a naked dwarf run contest from Kaladim gates to the zoneline inside Castle Mistmoore on Friday, February 26th at 8pm EST . To make things interesting, I will be accepting 100p buy-ins for competing in the event. I will be taking 10% of the pot for profit, as I will have to invest my time and effort into planning and making sure things run smoothly.

To place your buy-in, you trade me 100p on Bookie. You then give me your main's name and your dwarf's name. I record them both and you use that toon to race.

Payout will be as follows, after taking the 10%:

1st : 70%
2nd : 30%
3rd : 100p back

Moving on to the event specifics/rules:
-No buffs allowed in any fashion unless cast upon you by someone running the event.
-No changing your bind point unless by someone running the event.
-No porting! We will have people at the SF and Gfay spires and you WILL be disqualified and lose your buy-in!
-Upon reaching the Gfay spires, you will be greeted by a druid. This druid will bind you at the spires. This will effectively act as a "checkpoint." To do so, simply Hail, and be on your merry way. No other buffs will be given.
-Obviously I cannot be in 2 places at once. While I have recruited a friend to help, we are not able to run with everyone to make sure people are not cheating. To a certain degree, this will have to run on the honor system, that you are not bumming sows or invises. Please only join my events with respect for one another and for me. I have timed my run so I have an idea of how long it should take.
-If you survive the dangerous adventure, hail the level 1 dwarf in MM. If I can do it, so can you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look for me in the following week in the tunnel broadcasting the message. Tell your friends/guildies! If there is enough interest I will run other naked runs/fun events with a small buy-in every few weeks.
Thanks for reading and hope to see you there. Watch out for "a krag chick!"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Bookie
Last edited by burkemi5; 02-14-2011 at 03:13 AM..
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Skeleton

There is a problem with bind casting time, and bind refresh timer. If you have 10 dorfs reaching to your checkpoint within 3 seconds, how are you going to handle the bind situation, to let it not be affected?

Those with SSD hard drives will win those without, due to zone loading speed, so that's another consideration for you....

Just throwing out my 2cp on the subject.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a problem with bind casting time, and bind refresh timer. If you have 10 dorfs reaching to your checkpoint within 3 seconds, how are you going to handle the bind situation, to let it not be affected?

Those with SSD hard drives will win those without, due to zone loading speed, so that's another consideration for you....

Just throwing out my 2cp on the subject.
@ the binding problem. That's a legitimate concern, as a result, I intend to have people with me helping me bind if the need arises. It will be on a first come, first serve basis.

With the zoning problem, not much I can do about that.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

The race isn't just about loading faster. If you have a SSD it doesn't make you invis to Krag Chicks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] While it would give them some advantage, I dont think it would take away from the novelty or the fun of the event.

I think the bind thing would be be solved as, hey if you get there first and want to have that security if you die in LFay go for it, but the only requirement would be to Hail the druid to make sure you passed, not actaully get a bind. Those who just hail and run dont have to spend the time there but take the gamble of dying and being back in Kaladim.

Only other thing I suggest is having somebody turn on PVP for those level ones! Get some melee action going on. Either that or make everybody drink a stack of white wine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds fun to me!
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

i hope the orc runner eats you all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Sarnak

I propose we call it "The running of the dorfs"
Old 02-14-2011, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

Also, you make no mention of gear. I'm guessing gear wouldn't be something that's in the spirit of the event so might wanna toss that in.

I can just imagine some guy winning and then putting on his troll face after you notice his full set of HP gear.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, you make no mention of gear. I'm guessing gear wouldn't be something that's in the spirit of the event so might wanna toss that in.

I can just imagine some guy winning and then putting on his troll face after you notice his full set of HP gear.
Since its naked he can inspect everyone before the race begins.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

The Great Remedy/Europa gnome race:

http://vimeo.com/11362233

fun times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

by "Feat of Strength" did you mean "Strength of Feet" contest?
Closed Thread