Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Not to mention, I would never use "hypersexualized" as an insult. Tralina knows what I mean. Gifs anyone?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how suddenly not taking something on the internet seriously has turned into: "they're making some hilarious joke out of rape."

Because the actual subject of rape, is so fucking funny...oh wait.

Lighten the fuck up.
Yes, levity is the appropriate response when a woman expresses her fears about rape and misogynists accuse her of having psychological problems.

When my sister lived with me in San Francisco, we had an open agreement: she could call me any time to come and make sure she got home safely. She dumped one of her boyfriends because he lived near the 16th & Mission BART station and thought it was cool for her to walk through the Mission at night alone. If you think this is over-protective, you're either naive or stupid. Women who aren't both careful and lucky are frequently referred to as victims.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

I didn't even read the whole thread. You are still taking this way too far, for no reason.

You don't have to explain to me the dangers of the "real world" even me being a fairly large man, and fully capable of handling myself. I've woken up in an ambulance because of such bullshit randomized violence in the city.

Like I said, lighten the fuck up man.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Bears and Pumas in the woods > weird guys in alleys.

want to be afraid of something, pick sharks or dinosaurs.

a 90lb chick can protect herself if she just takes the time to learn how.

is it really a surprise that there are people in the world that wish to harm others? If chicks worried less about their hair/cloths/make-up/celebs/cars/bling/jerseyshore and more about how to protect themselves, maybe they wouldn't get raped as often.

idk, I'm not agreeing with the raping bastards, but i have no sympathy for chicks that don't realize they are easy targets. Just like i have no sympathy for anyone that dresses up in a bloody chum suit and jumps into a pool of sharks that haven't had anything to eat in 3months.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't even read the whole thread. You are still taking this way too far, for no reason.

You don't have to explain to me the dangers of the "real world" even me being a fairly large man, and fully capable of handling myself. I've woken up in an ambulance because of such bullshit randomized violence in the city.

Like I said, lighten the fuck up man.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Inb4 ramblings about people being obsessed to boost own ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't even wanna read my own thread now
the possibility of any further insighful commentary became nil the second it got sent into RnF.

I do appreciate the original conversation, though. I'd say the majority of this board has spent little to no time thinking about the issue from a women's perspective. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Yeah, because admitting to having been stomped to near-death is clearly being "tough." Moron.

I swear to shit there isn't a single thing you're good at. Even reposting ancient image macros is a fucking feat of mediocrity for you lol
Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

eerbodys just waiting to be raped.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

LOLOL I POSTED A IMAGE LWL
Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

This isn't the fucking Middle Ages. If you're scared to walk to your car from Wal-Mart at 11:30PM, there are two courses of action:

1) Stop going to Wal-Mart at 11:00PM.

2) Buy a gun.

A gun costs $200. Learning how to use it takes 2 weeks and another $100. For $300, you never have to feel vulnerable again.

More importantly, if you're truly terrified of being raped, spend more time researching the incidence of rape. The vast majority of rapes are not performed by some hulking man that sneaks up on you at the gas station and throws you in his trunk. The vast majority of rapes are perpetrated by people the victim knows, or people the victim has willingly put himself or herself into contact with. In other words, a guy that starts talking to you at a bar and slips something into your drink. A guy you go on a date with that decides you aren't allowed to swat his hand away when he's pulling your skirt off. A gardener, electrician, or basically anyone you allow into your home. A huge percentage of rapes are also targeted specifically at children and inmates, so assuming you're not in grade school or prison, and you're not an altar boy, you should be in the clear from that angle.

Basically, as long as you keep an eye on your drinks and avoid being anywhere alone with a man you don't trust, you don't really have to worry about being raped anymore than you have to worry about being mugged or hit by a car. Walking through a bad neighborhood late at night is always going to be dangerous, and not simply because of rapists. A woman might get raped; a man might get beaten into a coma for his wallet, or because some retarded gang-banger wants to prove a point. You're not experiencing some gender-specific terror if you have to gas your car up at midnight. Men don't like it, either.

Are men more naturally equipped to handle ourselves? Yes, but again, it's not the fucking Middle Ages. That is completely changeable. Rapists aren't bulletproof.

tl;dr -- Buy a gun, don't put yourself in stupid situations, and you'll be fine.
Closed Thread