Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post your replies.

Teams - Yes.

Item loot - No.

No drop/droppable - Haha No.

Language barrier - Go play WoW.

Global faction loss - HAHA what the fuck no.

Other - Please stop with this shit.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post your replies.

Teams - Yes.

Item loot - No.

No drop/droppable - Haha No.

Language barrier - Go play WoW.

Global faction loss - HAHA what the fuck no.

Other - Please stop with this shit.

Need to see all suggestions.

It's open discussion so anyone has the chance to make suggestions.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

If you ever wanna feel better about your own life just go through fredschnarf's posting history (keep in mind it's all from November) and realize how much better you have it.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 11-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

I partially agree with you, and partially agree with Vex on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so let's assume planar armor is suddenly droppable. How does that reduce zergs? All that does is incentivize the mass farming of Hate and Fear in order to stockpile huge reserves of replacement armor. What type of guild can best accomplish this? Take a wild guess.

What is your 6 man guild going to do when the 40 man zerg guild on the enemy team rolls in and farms Hate or Fear every night? Hope that they sell you, their enemy, the armor you need? And then loot it back off your corpse when they zerg roll you?

Further, by making planar armor droppable, you not only encourage the formation of zerg guilds, but their continued existence indefinitely. Since their gear will never be secure, people will have an incentive to join the guild with the largest reserve of replacement gear. And again, take a wild guess as to which sort of guild that will be. On the other hand, with no drop gear, a player can join a zerg guild to gear up and then leave if he wants. With everything droppable, he's more likely to stick around with the zerg.

Have you ever actually played on a Teams server? All of your ideas and justifications seem to be based on RZ, various emus and Red. This makes your obsession with stopping zergs understandable, but you're sort of attempting to solve a problem that doesn't exist on a Teams server (or which exists, but to a much smaller degree).
However, if each team can muster its own zerg, then you could potentially have massive plane wars, and plane raids remain relevant for much, much longer periods of time. But it discourages smaller guilds within a team.
Last edited by Lowlife; 11-18-2013 at 09:55 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

I think the biggest issue from all these threads really has nothing to do with item loot. Everyone is afraid of everyone being on 1 team and there being no real pvp. That can happen with or without item loot, in fact item loot will probably have no bearing on the 'zerg problem'.

The most important things seem really simple:
1) have enough people on the server to fill 3 teams (hopefully somewhat equal)
2) have at least 3 strong leaders with 3 good pve guilds to rally each team

There sure seems like enough of y'all that hate each other to take 3 factions. Just make sure the factions are relatively balanced. Each side pick a captain and start recruiting.

If you have 3 teams with fairly equal people you're gonna get good consistent fun pvp item loot or no item loot, no drop or drop.

The best part of classic eq is gear doesn't make or break you for pvp (at least not nearly as much as it did in later expansions) A "walmart" lvl 60 vs a high end lvl 60 in classic can still be a good fight (not like a 65 0AA cap geared vs a 65 500AA time geared with double hp/ac/etc in PoP)

And also someone else made a good point too that in teams you'll have the top 'good' guild helping out the casual 'good' guilds in raids etc since those guys will be there allies on the battlefield unlike FFA pvp.
Last edited by Velerin; 11-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: added
Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

teams are the way to go, do racewar
get rid of no drop items.
item loot, idk what kind
language barrier, except maybe shout? ppl will just use emotes to communicate locally.
no to cultural faction loss, it just makes epics etc a pain in the dick
other? +/- 4. no training, 1 IP=1 Team, xteaming nerds like rallyd, and other nilly scum should recieve the same penelty as 2boxing.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Post your replies.

Teams -

Item loot -

No drop/droppable -

Language barrier -

Global faction loss -

Other -
I'll play... (your game lowlife)

Teams - 3, Aenor, let players pick based off of city, I think in titanium you can even select the city, at char select for this.

Item loot - Nah (but full FV style, hardcore UO style item loot would be boss, the "pvpers" would QQ moar, the nerds couldn't hang, would be pop 8 with neckbeards only)

No drop/droppable - Is this related to above? If Item loot shit should be droppable, should be no way to become "too good for item loot" + trivial loot code, make people camp items on risky chars or alts

Language barrier - Yeah, why not?

Global faction loss - Yes, and enemy teams should start MAX KOS in your home town

Other - let everyone start at level 49. 1 char, one team only per MAC, ban people who use hax to change MAC. Send a code to the client to ID everyone when they log in. Could be some hex/hash or spellfiledata thing. Dunno, would be really cool if this could actually ever work.

Otherwise that would be cool in an ideal world. For a unique pvp server that both casuals (start at 49), (1 char, repuptation, community), (rpers), and (pvpers) would enjoy.

Take out YT... so bad. Keep leaderboard for the neckbeards. Abstract it so it's not some in game thing driving motivation.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 11-18-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Old 11-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, large scale wars. Yeah, we saw what happened with that. Bear in mind, anyone who doesn't know (Maybe Nilbog), this player - Rettiwalk - is a current member of Nihilum, he was also one of the original members who left and said it was a giant zerg and then when he wanted to start playing again, came crawling back to Nizzar to get back on the loot gravy train.

Lets be very clear with what planar gear is, planar gear (no drop) is the holy grail of item loot servers. Lets also be very clear with what Nihilum is, they are a zerg that has spent 2 years powerleveling and gearing up players from wherever they can find them to continue raiding.

Is the outcome not obvious enough? At some point (and it might not be Nihilum), a zerg is going to be built that is unrivaled. What will teams matter when you're a level 20, and you can delete your character and in a day be powerleveled and geared out by a giant zerg? Does anyone really believe teams will matter if it comes down to that? Red99 has established that a majority of players who hit end game have no balls of their own and are willing to be led around the loot feeding troughs by one master.

So again, what happens when the only bottleneck in all of classic everquest is the holy grail of item loot servers? I wager it would be a zerg way bigger than the current formation of Nihilum. Rettiwalk - as a current member of Nihilum, I can understand why you would want that type of server.

I, personally, and I think Nilbog would agree, don't want a dead server in 3 months. If no drops are still in game, it will take 3 months to level up and recruit a massive zerg to blot out the sun of Teams99. My fingers hurt re-writing this shit, but until someone comes up with a better way to stop the zerg mentality, I will say that removing no drop items from the vast majority of items out there is the only way.

Let me remind everyone something too, the best pvp items in the game are generally droppable. That's right, the vast majority of the best pvp items are ALREADY DROPPABLE. Think of how many items go to waste on a normal plane of fear raid, rot/rot/rot/loot/rot/rot/loot. Now think of those items as your secondary backups incase you get Pk'd, or as items you can sell or trade to players. Now if a zerg forms up and raids everything, small groups have the ability to fight end game and steal some of those items. The best case scenario is that a zerg simply wouldn't form, but lets just say the hold is too strong, now small groups can fight back. On any other server they would either be destined to have to join up with the zerg or quit.

I just don't see any other way this server makes it past 3 months without removing almost every no drop (epics, plane of sky haste belts, peg cloaks, jboots, some others should remain no drop).

****History lesson: Rallos Zek had a huge problem with zerg bluebie guilds. Anyone from the 1999 era will tell you. Once people got their no drop gear, they had no more risk involved in PVP, while if you were stuck with droppables you generally had no reward and all the risk. So the zergs got the benefit of easilly zerging down the planes for no drop, and then in any pvp encounter they would have the chance to loot other peoples items but generally had only no drop items themselves. This is what Teams99 is destined the same of... it's not fun.
i wonder if anyone reads these huge posts?
Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, large scale wars. Yeah, we saw what happened with that. Bear in mind, anyone who doesn't know (Maybe Nilbog), this player - Rettiwalk - is a current member of Nihilum, he was also one of the original members who left and said it was a giant zerg and then when he wanted to start playing again, came crawling back to Nizzar to get back on the loot gravy train.

Lets be very clear with what planar gear is, planar gear (no drop) is the holy grail of item loot servers. Lets also be very clear with what Nihilum is, they are a zerg that has spent 2 years powerleveling and gearing up players from wherever they can find them to continue raiding.

Is the outcome not obvious enough? At some point (and it might not be Nihilum), a zerg is going to be built that is unrivaled. What will teams matter when you're a level 20, and you can delete your character and in a day be powerleveled and geared out by a giant zerg? Does anyone really believe teams will matter if it comes down to that? Red99 has established that a majority of players who hit end game have no balls of their own and are willing to be led around the loot feeding troughs by one master.

So again, what happens when the only bottleneck in all of classic everquest is the holy grail of item loot servers? I wager it would be a zerg way bigger than the current formation of Nihilum. Rettiwalk - as a current member of Nihilum, I can understand why you would want that type of server.

I, personally, and I think Nilbog would agree, don't want a dead server in 3 months. If no drops are still in game, it will take 3 months to level up and recruit a massive zerg to blot out the sun of Teams99. My fingers hurt re-writing this shit, but until someone comes up with a better way to stop the zerg mentality, I will say that removing no drop items from the vast majority of items out there is the only way.

Let me remind everyone something too, the best pvp items in the game are generally droppable. That's right, the vast majority of the best pvp items are ALREADY DROPPABLE. Think of how many items go to waste on a normal plane of fear raid, rot/rot/rot/loot/rot/rot/loot. Now think of those items as your secondary backups incase you get Pk'd, or as items you can sell or trade to players. Now if a zerg forms up and raids everything, small groups have the ability to fight end game and steal some of those items. The best case scenario is that a zerg simply wouldn't form, but lets just say the hold is too strong, now small groups can fight back. On any other server they would either be destined to have to join up with the zerg or quit.

I just don't see any other way this server makes it past 3 months without removing almost every no drop (epics, plane of sky haste belts, peg cloaks, jboots, some others should remain no drop).

****History lesson: Rallos Zek had a huge problem with zerg bluebie guilds. Anyone from the 1999 era will tell you. Once people got their no drop gear, they had no more risk involved in PVP, while if you were stuck with droppables you generally had no reward and all the risk. So the zergs got the benefit of easilly zerging down the planes for no drop, and then in any pvp encounter they would have the chance to loot other peoples items but generally had only no drop items themselves. This is what Teams99 is destined the same of... it's not fun.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Teams - SZish ... Vex's suggestion is pretty good.

Item loot - No. I will play either way but I think Item loot will deter a good chunk of potential players. Plus, everyone will role caster .... solid groups will be hard to come by.

No drop/droppable -Yes. If item loot is in .... All or nothing

Language barrier - Yes/No. Yes-Might prevent a small % of pop from team hopping. No-It's fun talking shit.

Global faction loss - Maybe ... I guess this depends on how team's are setup. Back on SZ, dark elves could be newt/evil .... would be pretty retarded being KOS in your hometown just because the opposing faction has the same playable race.

Other - Item Loot is a mistake. T99 is going to need a substantially larger population than Red99 to be successful. I don't think Item loot will help.
Closed Thread