Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok for PvP here's the pro's/cons

Ogre-No regen, which hurts at lower lvls for medding, they are big as fuck which causes a problem when your zone dancing with someone and they run into small corridors. They also get slam which can be nice interrupt for casters if they didn't break it last patch and it almost always misses now. Plus frontal immunity with helps when your fighting melees.

Troll- Regen is nice, exp penalty is a pain, and - fire sucks. They also get slam..see above.

Iksar-Regen, stone of morid range slot is the tits, no slam sucks tho. Hellva exp hit, but leveling on red is easy as fuck.

Currently Iksar prolly the best choice for Shaman in pvp but if they ever fix slam Troll or Ogre would be better.
Keep in mind morid opens up to all large races in velious (I think its pre luclin anyway). Iksars probably get the biggest bump though because of tons more gearing options. Size becomes much less of a factor in Velious as well, aside from skyshrine near the entrance I can't think of a single place like Guk or SolB where being big as fuck is a pita. Maybe a few places in icewell, but ST, ToV, DN, Velks, SG, etc, etc all have plenty of headroom.

They ever fix poison bolt to basically be an auto interrupt like it was on live? Haven't played a shaman in PVP since 2001.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

o snap. Last time I really played I was on a necro on RoZ just assumed shm got it too at like level 9.

In Vel people will likely relocate to Thurg or Kael though. They are just so much better as cities.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haven't played a shaman in PVP since 2001.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

If somebody asks you if you want to play an iksar shm just say no
Old 03-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the best racials extremely powerful in pvp, you're just a terrible player who is absolutely worthless outside your 80 man zerg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the only racial that matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardPop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If somebody asks you if you want to play an iksar shm just say no
Alot of iksar hate on forums but Iksar is definitely a top race contender.

Everyone likes to jump on the Ogre/troll bandwagon here, and they make excellent shamans but being fat is a major drawback. Even if you illusion to be smaller (which is about the only way you can bearably play a large race in pvp) you have to deal with the emulator illusion bug, which makes your illusion huge, aka Giant AoN Skeleton, Giant Dark Elf to others.

Case in point, screencap taken from Lite's 4v4 video. Large race Warrior, with dark elf illusion. As you can see he is super giant and this is not something you want on a support character that has to kite and juke people to get casts off.

Also AoN has some drawbacks being that it is/was prohibitively expensive, it removes large race bonuses like slam and frontal stun from working (currently), and in zones like SolB, zoning in and AoNing immediately can give away your surprise attack to others with a "Enemy Red begins to cast a spell." Along with a possible negative faction for being skeleton which may make it unusable in some zones currently or in the future.

Iksar/troll also gets +80 hp/minute more than ogre standing/running/plugging, which is great when zone hopping and kiting melee trains especially in situations where you can't get away to cast torpor.

Ogre can get crucial casts off slightly better in some situations, but iksar/troll will be getting slightly more hp or mana per second from regen to get more spells off or turtle longer.

My advice is play the race that you like playing, and don't worry about the min/max peanut gallery, because it matters alot less than player skill.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:53 AM
Banned

If you can roll ogre, you should roll ogre.

Anything else is retarded and shouldnt even be considered.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Make whatever you want, but keep in mind racials do matter.

I'll throw a few more things to consider in these guys haven't mentioned:
Jaundiced bone bracer: No iksar. If your not rich and can't afford jbb, no iksar on the other pieces as well.
Barb spiritists hammer off ct: great melee item barb only.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

hows shaman slam working at 60 atm? thats the tie breaker imho, im in the same boat here trying to figure this out troll vs iksar

also is there still a missing alchie vendor in cabilis? thats something to consider
Old 03-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alot of iksar hate on forums but Iksar is definitely a top race contender.

Everyone likes to jump on the Ogre/troll bandwagon here, and they make excellent shamans but being fat is a major drawback. Even if you illusion to be smaller (which is about the only way you can bearably play a large race in pvp) you have to deal with the emulator illusion bug, which makes your illusion huge, aka Giant AoN Skeleton, Giant Dark Elf to others.

Case in point, screencap taken from Lite's 4v4 video. Large race Warrior, with dark elf illusion. As you can see he is super giant and this is not something you want on a support character that has to kite and juke people to get casts off.

Also AoN has some drawbacks being that it is/was prohibitively expensive, it removes large race bonuses like slam and frontal stun from working (currently), and in zones like SolB, zoning in and AoNing immediately can give away your surprise attack to others with a "Enemy Red begins to cast a spell." Along with a possible negative faction for being skeleton which may make it unusable in some zones currently or in the future.

Iksar/troll also gets +80 hp/minute more than ogre standing/running/plugging, which is great when zone hopping and kiting melee trains especially in situations where you can't get away to cast torpor.

Ogre can get crucial casts off slightly better in some situations, but iksar/troll will be getting slightly more hp or mana per second from regen to get more spells off or turtle longer.

My advice is play the race that you like playing, and don't worry about the min/max peanut gallery, because it matters alot less than player skill.
Lime knows his shit, basically every other day i think about rerolling iksar... i mean shit you could get into the high 100s for regen with the regen potions on top of iksar regen, and fungi (obviously trolls can too).

Slam is the dumbest fucking thing on this server specially with the AC changes ( which iksars benefit from greatly). The only way you will land slam effectively is if you hit them in the back.

Also, iksars look dope as fuck and with velious coming they will get some beast planar gear AND will be able to wear plate. So all in all you are losing an extremely overrated bash, and frontal immunity..

THE ONLY REASON im staying barbarian is because i am the last of my kind from classic (no ames, burt, cholk, mendan, ghost)....plus i got dat server first epic in my hands and i get to be a FUCKING POLAR BEAR in velious

lime is love, lime is life

AJAx
Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned

jbb awful reason to pick race for, may have limited use in soloing but very rarely do you have the freedom to cast it over buffing/medding/canniing/other spells

spiritist hammer also bad reason, sure useful while leveling up, or if u plan to stop at a certain level but epic >

2c as a non shaman
Closed Thread