Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I was overly critical of my experiences with p2002 initially. Some of the issues already fixed on takp, exist on p2002. Takp seems to be ahead code wise on fixes to bug issues and stability. P2002 is focused on releasing content faster.

I would rather have the former. An expansion every 6 months or so is fine with me. I am not an end game raider chasing BiS.

I play mainly to see things in mechanics, that need fixed or improved upon. P2002 has done themselves a great dis-service in forking their code base, and doing a piecemeal patching of takp's code changes. I cannot tolerate playing with bugs I already fixed. And why should I have to?

One of main reasons I started helping code on takp, was to give the players better functionality, smoother game play, and an overall better playing experience. P2002 took that away. I am actually very resentful towards what p2002 has done. It kinda throws much of the work that myself and others such as cavedude, Secrets, Robregen, Speedz, Torven, et. al., under the bus, with the claims that you can do better. I am unimpressed.

I recommend that p2002 move back to main code base, as it is turning the server to crap. Keep your own db development. There will be too many disagreements between content devs there.

I did not care for all the bugs. Reminded me of playing on takp 6 months ago. It sucked.

Haynar
Since you apparently are pulling things out of thin air let me enlighten you here is the commit dif between our (p2002) last deploy and EqMacEmu master

Code:
$ git lg  09-17-2015-1..d6f30cddc4311a316d1422cbd836b4171e74294d
* d6f30cd [Ludwig] (tak/master) Fixed the world server crash on character deletion that I caused. (21 hours ago)
* f5a4b7b [Ludwig] Corrected an issue where NPCs were not handing lore items back they didn't need. (2 days ago)
*   3f43c81 [regneq] Merge pull request #474 from EQMacEmu/Dev (2 days ago)
Last edited by jetviper21; 09-24-2015 at 01:47 PM..
Old 09-24-2015, 01:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rofl did you even read his post? Guess you were too busy screenshotting it and uploading it to the internet.

Oh, and we get it, you now have a job and a big screen. Everyone knows by now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see a post. If there was a post he must've deleted it or a P99 forum moderator must have.

Not my problem, you should talk to that green named forum guide person Sirortsky or w/e to see what happened. Personally I think neither of these topics should stay on the forums, but so far it only seems like it's one thread and one userbase not being civil.

As for my screen, I use puush.me. It takes literally ~2 seconds to press alt shift 4 and select the portion of my screen. Coming from someone who is accusing of grasping for straws, that's a bit graspy for straws imo.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Banned

Yeah it's a joke, silly. Nothing like the misinformation campaign you guys are trying to pull here. If you just put a fraction of the effort into promoting TAK, their thread might not be buried on page 3. You should really rethink your marketing strategy.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Banned

haynar conspired with sikorsky to trick furst into saying hello to him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see, this guy gets it !
Old 09-24-2015, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be in favor of close sourcing the code and database beyond what's available - it's obvious P2002 doesn't want to contribute and wants to destroy our community judging by the hostilities shown here. Three of their developers grasp at straws and attack Haynar unprovoked. What kind of bullshit is that?
We have contributed maps and lua back to the project.

https://github.com/EQMacEmu/eqmacemu...fb7acdffd73255

https://github.com/EQMacEmu/peqmacqu...7410ae75dca1a5

https://github.com/EQMacEmu/peqmacqu...f8245968de992a

Ive also promised rob our velious armor scripts.

I think the hostilities are us always being on the defensive since you guys seem to want to drag us through the mud every few weeks.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:58 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it's a joke, silly. Nothing like the misinformation campaign you guys are trying to pull here. If you just put a fraction of the effort into promoting TAK, their thread might not be buried on page 3. You should really rethink your marketing strategy.
I don't know about you but this thread seems like really good promotion for TAK.

Not everything's about marketing here; it's about preservation of EQMac. Clearly that is lost on you.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetviper21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of this was used by rob, per his own words.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of this was used by rob, per his own words.
Well non of it has been reverted in the git repository so that can't be true. And whether he used it or not isn't even the argument you are trying to make. You said we don't contribute and I just proved we did. They were even merged upstream. Git does not lie it gives a very clear history of code changes
Last edited by jetviper21; 09-24-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Closed Thread