Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Banned

I am sure P2002's content dev has had sleepless nights because Rob didn't use his stuff.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Banned

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=783 Gnome Race 2015

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1061 Open Plane of Fear Raid

Something positive instead of all the negativity!
Last edited by apio; 09-24-2015 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: just cause
Old 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Orc

I like turtles
Old 09-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Kobold

And i want to get a few things straight. I have the upmost respect for Cavedude, Rob, Secrets and Haynar for the work they have done for eqmacemu. I don't see why the hostility exists words p2002 you should be flattered we are using your work to run a server that people enjoy.

Sure some people in this thread like to stir the pot but for the most part I have been civil and contribute upstream whenever possible. Im sure we would offer database changes upstream if there was a sane way to manage database diff's but our allaclone is verbose for that reason tak's dev can get what ever they need from that and I count that as a contribution. Torven even mentioned that he was looking at it the other day. Although as usual he used it as an example to drag us through the mud with an agenda.

We (I atleast) have no negative agenda words tak project and its quite curious as to why they have a negative agenda towards us. Every time we show up in a thread like this it is to defend ourselves against some wild accusation that is biased against us.

P2002 is just another fan run emu server that just happens to run the eqmacemu code base. Why is that even an issue. There have been hundreds of eqemu servers over the years using PEQ's code and database as a starting point.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetviper21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And i want to get a few things straight. I have the upmost respect for Cavedude, Rob, Secrets and Haynar for the work they have done for eqmacemu. I don't see why the hostility exists words p2002 you should be flattered we are using your work to run a server that people enjoy.

Sure some people in this thread like to stir the pot but for the most part I have been civil and contribute upstream whenever possible. Im sure we would offer database changes upstream if there was a sane way to manage database diff's but our allaclone is verbose for that reason tak's dev can get what ever they need from that and I count that as a contribution. Torven even mentioned that he was looking at it the other day. Although as usual he used it as an example to drag us through the mud with an agenda.

We (I atleast) have no negative agenda words tak project and its quite curious as to why they have a negative agenda towards us. Every time we show up in a thread like this it is to defend ourselves against some wild accusation that is biased against us.

P2002 is just another fan run emu server that just happens to run the eqmacemu code base. Why is that even an issue. There have been hundreds of eqemu servers over the years using PEQ's code and database as a starting point.
+1, no need to sling crap around, if you want to do that (for EITHER server), take it somewhere else IMO.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:43 PM
VIP / Contributor

It's not an issue to me. I was simply defending myself when needlessly provoked, yet again, by P2002.

I didn't know (nor honestly care) about your drama with Haynar, quite frankly, I don't think anyone does.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 09-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

#CloseDownTakpSource2015 #p2002WouldCrumble
Old 09-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#CloseDownTakpSource2015 #p2002WouldCrumble
^ Plays on TAKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't aware anyone gave two shits what the player counts were.

TAKP has 78-100 on weekends, P2002 has 30-80ish on average on the same days. I don't think there's anything to be upset about here on either sides - that is healthy for a small community in both regards.

I don't think we need to grasp at straws here - on either side. The hostility from day 1 is unwarranted.

It's clearly obvious you guys feel threatened by TAKP because they have people you don't like, and vice versa. No one cares and the competitive mentality is killing both of these communities. EQMac never was about competing servers, it was about 2-3 guilds (Temerity, Destiny, The Horde primarily) and they all got along somehow.

Do you really know why the EQMac server went to hell? Here's a history lesson: P1999 players went over to EQMac.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that this project was all content and no code. A majority of the time spent on TAKP lately was fixing the stuff that was mechanically wrong - see Torven's work, cavedude's work, Haynar's work, my work, etc...

I'd be in favor of close sourcing the code and database beyond what's available - it's obvious P2002 doesn't want to contribute and wants to destroy our community judging by the hostilities shown here. Three of their developers grasp at straws and attack Haynar unprovoked. What kind of bullshit is that?
^ Plays on TAKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Plays on P2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=783 Gnome Race 2015

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1061 Open Plane of Fear Raid

Something positive instead of all the negativity!
^ Plays on P2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
naw havent logged in since March? I'm enjoying myself on red atm

#CloseItDownTorven
^ Still trolling
Last edited by BossThunderace; 09-24-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Old 09-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

naw havent logged in since March? I'm enjoying myself on red atm

#CloseItDownTorven
Old 09-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
^ this kid seems threatened by my

#CloseDownTakpSource2015

maybe he understands the consequences for p2002
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by BossThunderace; 09-24-2015 at 03:31 PM..
Closed Thread