Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Default Goonquest - pricing

Lots of people use it, or at least used it. I don't know if its run by the P99 team or just by good hearted EC folk who upload their logs.

Either way, there hasn't been a noticeable update since about May 6th/7th with pricing - just wondered if the good samaritan(s) had quit the game or whether it was seen as a bad tool in terms of deflation on certain items.

Do you guys use it? Or loathe it?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

I love it, and was wondering if there was going to be an update soon

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I probably have some logs I could upload. If you use it, upload your logs instead of wondering when someone else is going to do it. It only takes a few seconds, and even if you're only in ec for 5 minutes a day, it still helps.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you guys use it? Or loathe it?
I'm only go the EC on the rare occasion I want something or have something to sell, which means I don't know going rates on anything. Goonquest at least gives a ballpark figure, so I'm not going into trades completely ignorant.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

The person running it is Stairs in-game, and jetviper21 on the forums. I help out a bit with basic stuff like hiding bogus auction items. Sometimes the auction tracker will have a hiccup and fail to update with logs that people are uploading; if this happens, find Stairs in IRC/in game or send him a private message. Sometimes it's not the auction tracker, though, but just the fact that no one is uploading logs.

The best thing to do is to just have someone leave a character in EC AFK and logging 24/7, or at least whenever you're not playing the game. I don't have my computer on 24/7 or I would do this. If someone did this, there would be no need for anyone else to worry about uploading logs.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Aviak

goonquset gets its pricing info from reading what the offers are in EC?

ouch
Old 06-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethstang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
goonquset gets its pricing info from reading what the offers are in EC?

ouch
I think goonquest is a great resource, but not without it's faults, almost entirely due to this.

Some clown is asking 4k for a 1500pp item adversely effects the uploaded logs. This obviously skews the data and messes with the market. This can be even more pronounced with rarely seen items.

I use it, but I don't trust it. Usually I have a gut-feel number in mind and check the site to reassure I was right.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

RE: erratic prices....one thing thats nice about goonquest is that if you click on an item and scroll down the page you can see every record that went into the top line mean/median.

So if you don't trust the top line you can check that it wasn't something like 9 people offering 100pp one time each, and some jackass asking 2000pp 50 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Kobold

it still works if people upload logs! there is really nothing to update. other then adding some kind of auction posting bidding interface but thats not something i have time for atm
Old 06-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think goonquest is a great resource, but not without it's faults, almost entirely due to this.

Some clown is asking 4k for a 1500pp item adversely effects the uploaded logs. This obviously skews the data and messes with the market. This can be even more pronounced with rarely seen items.

I use it, but I don't trust it. Usually I have a gut-feel number in mind and check the site to reassure I was right.

This is true but estu worked hard to throw away anything outside of 3 std
Closed Thread